Tuesday, February 28, 2012

January 8-14

On Sunday after church we got busy making the icing and assembling Bob's cake.

Tyler spent a good deal of time looking at his hand-me-down microscope. Who knew looking at head lice could be so fun?

After I picked up Tyler at cub scouts me and the boys head over to Bob's to "surprise" him for his birthday. We had a nice afternoon/evening.



On Monday morning Jason worked on his first "homework" ever, which was meant to be a family project of decorating a mitten. Jason was NOT pleased and I had to laugh thinking of the difference between my two boys. Tyler loves homework and here Jason was, on his first day ever of "homework", whining over it. In reality he ended up having fun, but he would not let me touch it. So much for "family project".

Eventually grumpy monster boy got off to school. He loves this stupid hat, and he does think it gives him permission to growl at anyone and everyone.

Monday ended with karate for Tyler.

On Tuesday, with me still covered in bruises from my stupid blood work last week as well as injections (I fear I'm starting to look abused) we took off to a story time at the library for Jason. At the craft segment they put together a snowman and added details to it with marker. I was so impressed with Jason finally putting on some accurate facial features....everything in the right spot!


That afternoon Tyler got his first earned play date (from his new behavior system). He was happy to have a play date with someone he doesn't normally play with outside of school.

While Tyler was at karate my mom watched Jason so I could spend some time at the SEAC meeting (special education thing).

On Wednesday Tyler was lucky to get another play date at his friend Mackenzie's house. That evening my parents again had to watch the boys for a bit while I attended an important board of education meeting.

On Thursday, after school and Tyler's club, he finally got a chance to really check out the walkie talkies his uncle Chris had given him.

And my dad gave the boys haircuts. I finally let him actually buzz cut Jason. He looks so grown up!

On Friday, after an early dismissal. We got to spend our free time at a less-than-pleasant 6-month dental visit with the boys. So very frustrating to see that they've both acquired my horrible teeth (although their father's aren't great either). Tyler, if I can remember correctly, needs 2 fillings, a cap, and a sealant. Jason needs 2 fillings. Ugh. From their it was off to target to run some errands, including some new toothbrushes for the boys of course. Again, as I said, ugh. Ugh, ugh. Then off to some make-up karate for Tyler (still making up from the week he missed while he was at his dad's house).

On Saturday we were invited to birthday party for my friend's daughter Hailey. The boys had a blast of course and Jason really did great trying some new stuff, such as the obstacle course, which he was eventually able to do by himself. Go little man!







Speaking of birthday parties, happy 88th to my pop-pop (who is currently in FL for the winter)!

No comments: