Monday, February 20, 2012

almost Christmas!

December 18th through 23rd...

On Sunday (the 18th) we had to skip Tyler's pack meeting to go to my Aunt Marcia's for our annual Christmas "Eve" celebration with my mom's side of the family(a little early). We were all able to be there, with the exception of my cousin Tim and his wife Katie, which was unfortunate, but it was nice to have the rest of us all together. I'm sure everyone says it, but I wish it wasn't as infrequent as it is.



After our dinner and some playtime for the kids my aunt (who happens to live right near her church, which happens to do a "living nativity") took myself and some of the kids to go see a little of the nativity. We reminded the kids to be extremely quiet, and as we watched a very moving scene of baby Jesus in the manger Jason announced "Mommy, you urt-in my een-is" (Mommy, you're hurting my penis). Very good timing..ha, ha. For once I was thankful for his speech delay, in that most people couldn't understand him. Those are the kinds of things you just don't forget! Anyway, the nativity was gorgeous and impressive and I absolutely want to go back next year and see the whole thing.


Afterwards we went back for yummy dessert, present opening, playing for the kids, and a fascinating and entertaining game of "Catch Phrase" with the adults. Wish it were recorded, cause there would be no way to describe how funny it was, although I suppose it's one of those things that you just have to be there to understand. It was a nice night!






On Monday, with Ty back to school in the AM, Jason got to check out his new presents. Playdoh is always fun.

That afternoon he had his second Tumblin Tots class. So cute!


That evening Ty had karate while Jason did yet more crafting.

On Tuesday it was a yucky rainy day, which made Jason happy cause he got to use his new "bra" (umbrella) that my Aunt Marcia had given him. Never seen a boy so happy about an umbrella.

He came out of school dressed as a reindeer. So cute. Lasted about 10 seconds.

That afternoon Ty had a "snack attack" program at the library and later he was off to karate for their holiday party. Meanwhile Jason's little crafting life continued.


On Wednesday Jason stayed home from school so my dad and I could bring him to CHOP in Philly for his long-awaited genetics appointment. They did find many features that were possibly indicative of a genetic condition. After lots of questions and observations and measurements they opted to run some blood work to rule out Prader Willi as well as test for other chromosomal abnormalities. I had to meet with a genetics counselor briefly and then he had his trip to the lab for the bloodwork. I was told 4-6 weeks for the results. Hate waiting!

On Thursday the boys had their school holiday parties and i got to be a helper in Jason's. The kids had a blast with cookie decorating, games, hot potato (with a santa potato head), etc.



That night Tyler had his last karate of 2011.

On Friday, after a half day for the boys (which was also pajama day), we eventually ended up back at Bob's where we ended up having another early Christmas celebration. The boys got some good stuff!





Then they of course needed to play with those toys! I had forgotten temporarily how much fun toy assembly is.


That night after the boys were in bed I set up my new Precious Moments nativity set that was one of my presents from Bob. Beautiful.

That evening our Elf Buddy made his last trip to the north pole and staged his last arrival of the season for Christmas Eve morning, complete with a message to the boys (written in lipstick on the mirror). They loved it.

No comments: