Sunday, February 19, 2012

December continues

December 11-17th...

On Sunday at church we handed in our food bag for the Angel Tree that the boys had helped shop for. After church Tyler had scouts.

That evening Chris came to visit and the family decorated the christmas tree (in the boys new Christmas pajamas). Jason did really well this year!






On Monday the boys were back to school. Jason had an earlier day than normal because it was his first (and only) field trip for preschool. He was very upset/anxious about riding the bus, so they actually had me stay (hiding) to make sure he did get on. There were tears, but he made it on. My poor baby. They were off to Shoprite for some shopping and snack making. I'll be honest and admit that I might have had some brief shopping to do myself (yep, I spied) and got to see him at least get off the bus (from a distance) and seemed okay, so that put me at ease. Wow, I realize what a nut job I sound like!

He returned from his field trip quite excited and proud of himself...although they did have to carry him off the bus!


That evening I had Luke late and then it was off to karate. Uneventful.

On Tuesday, after taking the boys to school, Jason and I met Jeanne over at her church to help wrap the presents for their Spirit of the Holidays charity. We were there a while and Jason was pretty good, acting as my tape helper and trash collector. After I dropped him off at school I went back to help out some more. I came home briefly to pick up Tyler, Jason and Connor and we ALL went back yet again. This time the news was there too!


After finishing up we went over to Chick-fil-a for dinner since I hadn't been home at all to cook. We stopped to see a very impressive light display. Lo and behold the same news channel was there!


We enjoyed our chick-fil-a and the boys had fun with their craft and free ice cream.

That evening we saw coverage of the Spirit of the Holidays wrapping party. I spotted Jeanne, her boys, and Tyler (running through the back of the scene)! We also saw the coverage of the Christmas light display we had seen!

On Wednesday my mom watched Jason so I could go to my GI appointment. In addition to the stupid steroid medication I'm already on (causing weight gain and tons of unwanted side-effects) we have decided I'll now start injections of Humira. Not something I'm happy about at all. After I took Jason to school I went to my regular doctor to get the TB test I needed (as a prerequisite for the Humira injections).

That evening we had tickets for the Christmas Pump-it-Up party. The boys had a blast!





On Thursday I got to go retrieve my car from my oil change and other work i had to get done. That afternoon we had pizza at my grandparents and then Tyler had karate.

On Friday I had my TB test read (thrilled to be back at the doctor for the 3rd time that week). After school the boys did some Christmas crafting. Tyler also worked on his first book report (he chose Diary of a Wimpy Kid)


On Saturday we did some more crafting. Tyler is a long-time friend of crafting, but the crafting interest is new for jason. He's a fan of anything where he can apply an over-abundance of glue. For the record he can do overthing by himself and my assistance is not welcome...or as he says "I do my-elf".

That evenign the boys decorated their gingerbread men that my mom and I had found at Trader Joe's (so they were dye-free and therefore edible)!




That evening my mom watched the boys while I attended a Christmas party with Bob. Unfortunately the firetrucks were late, so I missed when they came around town with Santa, but thankfully my mom snapped a couple of pictures.

No comments: