Tuesday, February 28, 2012

January 15-21

On Sunday Tyler had a party to attend for his friend Alex at the bowling alley. He had a nice time. Sorry, no pictures.

On Monday the kids had off of school due to Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and luckily they were invited to Jason's classmate Gianna's birthday party at Pump-it-Up. The boys had a blast!



That afternoon they put together the 2 gingerbread kits we were given as a gift from our neighbor. Great indoor activity for a cold day!


On Tuesday we somehow managed to get from kids night at Chick-fil-A to karate for Tyler in record time.

On Wednesday Jason rocked out to some Elmo while Tyler did some Pinewood Derby car work with my dad.


That evening I went to the first meeting of the new Medford Lakes Women's Club. Hope it's gonna be a good year!

On Thursday I got to do my first injections completely on my own, which was less than pleasant.

That evening we whipped up a cake for Grandmom and Pop-pop John (who had celebrated their birthdays earlier in the week) and went to celebrate with them.

On Friday I went into Tyler's class for "art enrichment" and lead their class in a little art lesson and project. It's always fun to go into the kids classes. That evening, off to karate. Blah, blah, blah.

Saturday morning the snow started to fall. Unfortunately it was a rainy sleety icy mess, so not sledding/playing conditions.

Inside my dad and Tyler finished up their pinewood derby car.

That afternoon unfortunately I had to bring Tyler to his first funeral ever. Al's dad had passed away almost 2 weeks prior and he had come up for the funeral on Saturday. I brought Tyler to the funeral and then went home to pick up Jason and met everyone over at Filomena's for a late lunch. It was nice to see everyone, but of course I'd rather for it to be under better circumstances. Luckily Tyler wasn't too upset by things, and instead I think just looked at it as a day to see his daddy. I later brought the boys back home while Al finished up at the restaurant and I later braved the increasingly icy weather and brought them to my sister-in-law's house where Al and Michele were staying for the evening. My mother-in-law came over as well and we just hung out and the boys enjoyed some take-out with their dad.

No comments: