Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2011 comes to an end...

December 26-31

The day after Christmas oddly found us at The Discovery Museum. You would think that we would have been home playing with presents, but by mid-morning I just needed to get out. The boys had fun though. Love the blackmail photos of the boys in dresses as they played in the dress-up theatre.





That afternoon we met my sister-in-law and her family at my mother-in-law's house for our belated Christmas celebration. The boys had fun opening presents again and playing with their cousins.



The next day I did something that I found to be really hard. I packed up the boys and all their stuff, picked up Bob, and drove to VA to meet Al and Michele...where I handed them off so they could spend 5 days with their dad. I was soooooo incredibly thankful to get them for Christmas, but hadn't really focused on how hard it would be to give them away for all of Christmas vacation. As we started back to NJ we saw rainbow and I told myself that it would be okay.

The next day I went to my friend Tracy's to meet us with a group of high school friends (some of which were only visiting for the holidays). I got to meet my friend Tracy's baby finally, as well as Kristen's and Lindsay's. All so cute. Thankful to meet everybody but sad, now that my friends are finally having kids, that I didn't have mine with me...


In an effort to keep my mind off of things my mom and I had a girls night in AC. It did reaffirm that I am in fact a total dork. I think we were probably in bed by 9:30, but in spite of that I did have fun.


I spent the rest of my 5 day "break" by doing ridiculous things like doing a very detailed cleaning of my car, working on this stupid blog, shopping, etc. I know how to have a good time!

New Year's Eve was definitely low-key. Went to Friday's with my parents and Chris. Then I went to Bob's where we went briefly to his friends, but otherwise just ate junk food and watched the ball drop. Good times. Sigh. Farewell to 2011.

No comments: