Wednesday, February 29, 2012

January 22-28

On Sunday, after having missed our main opportunity to enjoy the snow on Saturday when we were dealing with the funeral, we skipped church and my women's club brunch to go sledding (because I knew we'd be busy the rest of the day as well). I wasn't sure how Jason would do, as he'd never been sledding, but he was anxious to get outside and play in the snow. we started off in our side yard "sledding" down a tiny hill (TINY) and Jason loved it, so we packed up and drove to the school field to go sledding. Jason ended up loving it...as long as he didn't accidentally turn around and end up sliding down backwards. He even learned eventually how to pull his own sled back up the hill. Too cute. Can't wait to take them again.












We came home, ate lunch, warmed up, and then took off for Tyler's Pinewood Derby. Honestly, as with last year, MY main goal was that it at least make it down the ramp without falling off or stalling. So, his "tech deck" themed car did do that, and managed to come in 2nd or 3rd in his grouping of boys. Not enough to advance, but enough to make him happy. Success!






My parents were off to AC that evening, so the boys and I switched things up with a dinner picnic in the dining room. It's amazing how such a little thing can make them so happy.

On Monday Tyler had his first counseling appointment with me. Hoping we can get to the bottom of some of his anger and anxiety. Love my little boy so much and want what is best for him always. Then off to karate.

On Tuesday Tyler had his friend Connor over for a playdate. As usual, Teddy was a highlight of the afternoon. Seeing the kids play with the guinea pig reminded me that I definitely wanted to capture a picture of Jason's nightly routine...kissing Teddy goodnight. She's such a sweet guinea pig.

On Wednesday we finally had a little break in the weather and got to get outside for a bit. Still sporting that monster hat.


That evening my parents took me and the boys to the AC buffet. The boys enjoyed the food as usual.

On Thursday, after club and karate, Tyler showed us this writing assignment, that just melted me when I read it. I think it got his pop-pop a bit emotional too. So sweet.

On Friday after school the boys finally got a chance to check out the new wii game Tyler had gotten for Christmas (some "extreme challenge" game with rock climbing and skateboarding and stuff).

That evening we had Olivia's rescheduled 3rd birthday party. Boys had a blast!





On Saturday Jeanne and I took the kids to chick-fil-a for lunch and then went to the playground to let the kids blow off some steam. Too bad Tyler's behavior made it not as enjoyable as it could have been. Sigh.

That evening Bob came over and we had a little Wii competition of bowling and such.

No comments: