Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hello 2012

The new year started off with Bob and I driving back to VA to retrieve the boys from a McDonalds where we had met up with them. Sooo thankful to have my boys back!


It was a pretty long drive, but at least not as much traffic and rain as the original drive. Tyler read almost the entire time (Al had given him the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid books he had asked for) and Jasond did some sleeping.

On the 2nd they still didn't have school, so we got some time to catch up. We also had dinner with my grandparents before they were scheduled to leave for FL for the winter.

Tyler was back to school on the 3rd. That morning Jason had tumblin tots before heading to school in the afternoon, when I head off to a doctor's appointment of my own.

After school they got to open yet more presents before Tyler got back to a week off of karate.

On Wednesday I got to use my new hair dryer, but Jason insisted I dry his hair too. Ha ha.

That evening after karate my dad brought Tyler to Nokomis for the Pinewood Derby clinic where he cut out the wood to create his "Tech Deck" themed derby car.

On the 5th I got to go to the GI doctor to learn how to give myself my injections of my new medicine. Just awesome. I'm sure it's every mom's dream to have a sharps container in their bedroom. Ugh.

Once I got home I was able to take Jason out to play in the snow dusting. He insisted he was going to make a snowman "this big" (as shown in the 2nd picture). A little tough with a 1/4 inch of snow!


We persevered and created the world's tiniest snowman, but it was big enough to make Jason happy!



Afterwards we took a walk in the snow.

Then we had some snuggle time. Jason is still loving that darn monster hat!

That afternoon Jason and I hung out and did puzzles at the library while Tyler did his "kids can cook" class there.

On Friday Jason and I enjoyed some outside time (shooting his new nerf gun daddy had given him...ugh) before we went to serve lunch at Tyler's school.

That evening after a make-up karate class I agreed to let the boys have a sleepover in Tyler's room. Yep, that didn't end well. Jason was back in his crib probably by 9:00. Maybe next year.

On Saturday we had a surprisingly warm day. Tyler got to check out his new pogo stick.

Then we even had a picnic at the playground, with what seemed like the rest of the surrounding area.


We ended our saturday with a little birthday cake baking for Bob. Jason is always a fan if it involves licking some batter! Well, who isn't?

No comments: