Sunday, May 2, 2010

done waiting

Well, I had been waiting on posting this blog entry because I of course did not have my camera with me all of last weekend and I'm still waiting on pictures that my friend's took. I'm done waiting and you're just going to have to settle for my camera photos. LOL.

Anyway, I had posted last about my night on the town with my high school friends. We didn't end up getting in until around 1:00am and didn't fall asleep until sometime after 2:30, so I started off the weekend on quite the sleep deficit. However we started off early (thanks to my silly boys) and hit a few garage sales (all a bust). Then it was off to Lowe's for the kids craft. Tyler made a snazzy little bird feeder,to add to our ever-expanding bird feeder collection, utilized highly by birds but most often squirrels.


Then it was some plant and seed shopping for our up-and-coming garden. Hoping to grow us much produce and herbs as possible this season! Then a quick stop at BJs for a birthday cake for my dad and other staples, and then lunch there. Jason ate almost an entire 1/4lb beef hot dog. Piggy!

That evening my grandparents and my brother and Cara came over to celebrate my dad's birthday.


On Sunday we had two very important places to be, and of course they were at the same time on opposite sides of NJ! We ultimately decided to go to my sister-in-law Dottie's baby shower first. The boys came with me, and oddly enough Jason was the easiest to entertain. He was fascinated with their 2 steps up into their kitchen, and later entertained himself with one of those electronic hamsters (the brand name eludes me right now). Tyler found himself in time-out twice, but then later got involved with helping Dottie open her presents and was well-behaved. Dottie made out nicely and it looks like they are all set for the arrival of the baby, due to make his/her appearance in about 6 weeks!


We left after a little more than 2 hours and took the 40 minute drive to my friend Kristen's parents house for a large family/friend BBQ. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate, but we had fun meeting her sweet little baby girl Ava. Tyler was happy as a clam playing with Gianna and Michael (Tom and Veronica's children). I got to see Tracy and Alex there for a little bit before they had to take off again for Chicago. Jen and Steve were there as well. Oh, and Jason provided Ava with her first kiss. So sweet!


Another busy weekend, home just in time for bed!

No comments: