Tuesday, May 18, 2010

same stuff, different week

Last week was a blur. But I'll attempt to recap.

Monday: school drop-off, my walk/jog, house cleaning, speech therapy, the bookmobile walk, etc.

Tuesday night ended with a trip to Chick-fil-A with Beth and Erich and the kids. It was a bit loud and crazy there, but was yummy as usual. Jason surprised me by insisting to do the kids craft. When I say "insisted" I mean that he pointed and screeched until I brought him over. LOL.


Wednesday was rainy and yucky. Ty had spring has sprung, and the rain held out for that, but t-ball practice was cancelled. Instead we did some errands, including a trip to the library. By Wednesday night Jason's cough was really horrible and he seemed wheezy. He had been sleeping horribly and constantly tossing and turning while coughing to the point that he seemed like he was going to throw up. So I asked Beth to take a listen to his chest (she's a nurse) and she thought he might need to go to the doctor. So I reluctantly made an appointment for him to be seen. They couldn't see him until 11:30. So Jason and I ran through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-a for their free breakfast (I never had chicken minis and they are YUMMY) and then went to pick up my mom at PT after her shoulder surgery (yes, more surgery). After dropping her off I brought Jason to the doc. As usual, nothing wrong. Lungs clear, ears clear. I guess that's good.

That night was t-ball. Grandmom and pop-pop John joined us. Jason tried to play in mud. Fun. From there it was a late night and off to Oaks Hall for boyscout round-up. Tyler is now registered as a Tiger Cub Scout. Yeah! After getting the boys to bed I had to run out to return something at Kohl's and then a quick trip to Shoprite to get some stuff for Ty's field trip.

Friday was the day that Tyler had been looking forward to since literally September...his big Kindergarten field trip. The weather was iffy, but they made the decision to go (which ended up working out fine). They had plans to go to Storybook Land, and the bus trip was half of the excitement for Tyler. Another big chunk of excitement was the fact that they'd get to eat lunch there, so he was thrilled that he got a treat of a "lunchables" (as well as a pear, natural fruit snacks, and a juice box). Anyway, I dropped him off and he was soo excited...not a bit of hesitation at all. He's gotten so big.

So what did I do with my Tyler-free day? Well Jason and I enjoyed some free chick-fil-a for breakfast (yes, again).

And then we went to Kohl's to do a little shopping. Jason got a little cranky so I eventually let him out of the cart. He thought it was great fun to hide in the clothing racks.

After picking my mom up from PT Jason fit in a quick nap, and then it was time to pick up Tyler. As you can see he seemed to have a great time! He was a ball of energy, and apparently everything was perfect. He was really excited about the bus, his lunchables lunch, the roller coaster, hanging with his friends, etc. Total success.



After school field trip pick-up we did an early dinner while indulging in a family movie night. "Follow that Bird" was our chosen movie (when I say chosen, I mean I chose it cause that movie rocks). Both boys liked it. Afterwards we walked down and met Beth at the Sand Stand with the girls. A great ending to a great day. Home just in time for the thunderstorms to begin!

No comments: