Friday, May 14, 2010

first week of May

What's this? Why it's Jason drinking from a sippy cup! Wahoo! It appears he likes his brothers cups, so we bought a few more and tossed the older (non-utilized) ones.

Other than speech therapy, our Monday was otherwise pretty boring. Did fit in a trip to the bookmobile and thankfully the rain held out.


Let me give you a glimpse into my fascinating life. I find this on the fireplace Tuesday morning. In case you are curious, it's Tyler's version of a "missing" poster, put out in hopes of finding his missing stuffed animal. For the record, it has yet to be found. Perhaps if he would clean his room he might locate it.

And Jason was still on the sippy cup kick. Yipee.

And the boys had a little cuddle session before t-ball. Good times.



That night was yet another installment in the t-ball chapter. This time we were accompanied by Tyler's grandmom and pop-pop john, as well as my parents. I actually got to bring my real camera too, since I knew I'd have help following and herding in Jason.




On Wednesday I took Jason for a brief playdate at my grandparents house while Ty was at school. He acquired this very attractive hat.

While Jason napped I picked up Tyler at school for our very own playdate. He chose McDonalds (yuck) and a trip to the library.


Afterwards they pretended to get along for a few minutes.

That evening we enjoyed a trip to the lake.


Thursday was a busy day of errands, exercise, and the normal stuff. Trips to/from school, "spring has sprung" club later on in the day. It was followed by a quick dinner with uncle chris who was visiting, before heading to t-ball. Jason found a really cool inchworm. Very exciting. He laughed at it.


Friday was my birthday. Got to get any early start (thanks Jason...LOL). After taking Tyler to school Jason and I spent a little bit of time at the playground with friends and then went to "tot stortytime". Jason was a bit cranky, so we made an early exit. After picking up Tyler from school we enjoyed a rare lunch at Chick-fil-A (yes, I realize chick-fil-a isn't rare for us, but LUNCHTIME is. LOL). During lunch (which is especially nice on my birthday) I got to field questions as to why mommy and daddy aren't going to have any more brothers or sisters for him (for the record, he wants a sister next time). So, apparently he does not quite yet understand the separation. Poor kid. From there it was a trip to Walmart and Produce Junction for some necessities and mother's day cards/gifts/flowers. Tyler also wanted to pick out a card and flowers for his friend Mackenzie, who had been out of school all week. He was so excited to drop off her school folder and the flowers adn card. Too cute!

After we got home Tyler got to pick the first of our strawberries. He was so excited! We also planted some herbs and enjoyed the beauty of the FREE rose bush!



That evening my brothers had been doing some work with my dad, but we were able to eat a quick dinner together before they had to head back out. While here Chris played some music for them, which they were both fascinated by.

The evening ended with an obligatory cake experience. Not my true birthday cake, but the one we needed to keep Tyler from harrassing us. Must say, pretty crappy carrot cake, but my dad did bring me a slurpee later that night. I'm so spoiled. LOL.

No comments: