Tuesday, May 4, 2010

last few days of April

On Monday Jason had speech, as usual. However the speech therapist couldn't get over how well he has decided to eat. For the first time she could see him chewing food, biting, and even moving the food around in his mouth. What a big boy!

On Tuesday I saw a definite sign of spring. Mr. Frog has reappeared after the cold snowy winter. Jason was fascinated.

Jason and I took a brief walk to sunshine bridge. He had a great time watching the water, talking to the ducks, and picking and smelling flowers.




Later that morning I found Jason watching TV like this. Apparently this is quite comfortable.

That night was t-ball. Again. My life is fascinating.

On Wednesday I sat at home so Comcast could come fix our Internet that had been out for days. After the 3rd comcast truck they finally fixed it (too bad it only last for all of 10.5 hours...stupid Comcast).

Tyler had his little "club" after school. He was telling me about his "website" on the way home and I was confused, thinking he wanted me to help him make a blog or look something up on the internet. No, they MADE a website, for a spider to make a web outside. LOL.

That evening I took the boys for some errands and ended up at Chick-fil-A. Jason shocked me by eating a ton of food: 4.5 nuggets, a few fries, and 3/4 of a child-sized "ice dream". And then cried on the way home because I wouldn't let him drink the shake I was bringing home for my dad. What a change he's made with his eating habits recently!

On Thursday Jason was signed up for a library program. I had a boat load of books and it was court day, so the municipal building parking lot was packed. We ended up parking so far away and I knew I would have trouble carrying Jason and that large bag. Well Jason shocked me by listening and giving me his hand so we could walk together. So sweet. He sat really nicely at the library and enjoyed himself. And I must say I did a lovely job on the craft while Jason tried really hard to apply glue to the entire table.


That afternoon we had a last-minute evaluation for Jason's occupational therapy services. Being an OT I felt kinda funny realizing how little I knew some of this stuff, but I found it fascinating. It was a long evaluation, and in the end it was determined that he definitely qualifies for services based on his sensory processing problems. So add OT onto our list of weekly activities.

Thursday night was t-ball. Again. I swear I live at the school/field. My grandparents came to watch his game for the first time. So, of course, Tyler did the worst he's ever done. Not sure he hit a ball at all without the tee. Again, he had fun, so I suppose that's all that matters.


Friday was a gorgeous day. Unfortunately I was absolutely beat. Luckily Jason was too, and took an incredibly rare 2 hour nap, allowing me to nap as well for a bit. My mom thankfully picked Ty up from school and then later took him to his doctor's appointment for me. We had been noticing him using a really loud voice and often seeming to have trouble hearing us. I've been finding it very frustrating, but before I continue to criticize him for this I wanted to make sure he still didn't have fluid in his ears. Well, he doesn't, so apparently he's just annoying, loud, and doesn't listen. Well, at least I know now.

In the afternoon Beth and I met up and brought the kids to the lake. Jason found some friends, whom he allowed to walk around holding his hand for a few minutes. Tyler and Mackenzie ended up practically swimming, and Jason ended up covered in pollen. Yuck. Anyway, we got to see the mama duck on her nest with her ducklings. Too cute.


That night we convinced the kids that they didn't want McDonalds and in fact wanted Chick-fil-A. Perhaps their first instinct to go to McDonald's was accurate because we found ourselves in traffic from two accidents and it took us forever to get there. Once there though the kids had fun. Tyler had some behavioral issues (nothing horrible) while Jason just ate away. 4 nuggets, some fries, and 1/2 of an ice cream AGAIN!!

No comments: