Friday, May 14, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

On Saturday they were having a "Cinco de Mayo" benefit/fundraiser for our neighbor Hunter "Hunterman" who has a brain tumor. It was held next door, and they actually blocked off our street for a little block party of sorts.

Anyway, in preparation Jason and I made cupcakes (my mom made some stuff too). I consider batter-eating to be therapeutic because Jason's speech therapist wants him working on stuff to strengthen and coordinate his tongue/face muscles. So this sounds therapeutic, right? Let's ignore the raw egg in the batter, shall we?


Anyway, the rain held off and it cleared in time for the big party. There were 2 bands (the first featuring Hunter's dad), lots of food, and lots of great people...all supporting a great cause.







As you can see, we had some exhausted kids! I eventually had to drag them in and bathe them. And then a little more music before bed!



Shockingly the party cleared out pretty quickly so they boys were actually able to sleep. I did join some others at Sherri's house for a few drinks post-party. Got home around 11:00, and then thanks to Jason didn't get to bed until after 2:00. It would figure that I've drank maybe 3 or 4 times since Jason has been born (not to mention the year I dind't drink while trying to conceive and then obviously being pregnant) and he happens to wake up the one night I do! Ugh. Poor baby still wasn't feeling well.

No comments: