Sunday, May 23, 2010

inch by inch, row by row

Last Sunday I got a taste of my future. Myself in the minivan with a shrieky Tyler, 2 giggly girls, and a toddler intent on trying to match their volume level. Tyler had a birthday party to go to at Pump it Up for his friend Jason, but 2 of his friends were without rides so we brought them along. Whew, what a loud trip! But the girls are sweethearts so it wasn't an issue. Just LOUD! LOL. The kids had a good time, but Jason just wasn't himself. He spent literally 30 minutes straight just sitting at the same area throwing the same ball at the same hoop. Would have been cute had he seemed excited about it, but he didn't. He never ate food, and was just whiny and cranky. It would have helped had he napped. Anyway, Tyler, Lily, and Mackenzie all had a great time at Jason's party!

After dropping off the girls we met up with my parents at my grandparents house. My grandparents had offered to let us plant a garden in their backyard since ours has no direct sunlight (lots of trees). So my dad got it started and we met up to help out (not that I think we were actually any help). We ordered a pizza and decided to make a night out of it.


Everytime I think of gardening I can't help but think of this song..."inch by inch, row by row". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjMFLH04WUE

Instead of enjoying our evening Jason refused food and was really cranky, when I realized he was burning up. I ended up leaving Ty there with my parents and brought him home and gave him an immediate dose of Motrin. Once I finally found the replacement battery for my thermometer, it was 30 minutes after I gave him the medicine and his temperature was still 103.2. I ended up calling the pediatrician since my boys never have had fevers anywhere near that high, and his shivering and totally out-of-it behavior freaked me out. Of course it was back down to 101.9 when the pediatrician called back and he was returned to his normal self (for the most part). It was a long night.

No comments: