Sunday, April 25, 2010

feeling like spring

On Monday, after school and speech therapy, I walked the boys down to the bookmobile. I didn't even remember that it still existed, but it does. For those that don't know of it, it's a small library housed in a bus, which travels from town to town. It's actually quite nice and Tyler found it fascinating to be able to ride his bike to the mobile library and get books out of a bus. He wants to go every Monday. LOL.

Wednesday I took this photo and put it on Facebook as a plea to get suggestions on what to do with my hair. I tried so hard to get back to my natural hair color, but now I'm bored. But when I color it I spend a lot of money and never have the time to maintain it. Such a debate. For the record my facebook "team", for the most part, feels I should get highlights and get it cut somewhere below my shoulders.

That night I got a couple of hours out at the Junior Women's meeting. A nice time.

Thursday was Earth Day. After school was playground time, as usual. Jason, who has refused all sandwiches, decided to eat almost half of a PB&Jelly on wheat that my friend gave him. Little stinker. He proudly displayed his "green" shirt that day too.

After about 2 hours on the playground we came home and then joined my brother at my grandparents house. My grandparents were due to arrive from their winter in Florida, so we went to help out my brother with some weeding. Even Jason got into the action, tossing pine cones and sticks into the tarp. Tyler also delivered a cute little "welcome home" sign that he had created.

That night I put the boys to bed and got in some shopping time at Walmart and Kohl's.

On Friday I had a busy, busy, busy day. I started off with walking Tyler to school. Came home and ate quickly, and then head off for my jog/walk (jogging being less prominent than the walking) with Jason in the jogging stroller. As I finished up and was nearing my house, I ran into a friend/Tyler's-classmates-mom who invited me to her house for an impromptu coffee play date with some other moms. Sweaty and dirty, I reluctantly joined them. I was happy I did as Jason had a great time and I enjoyed talking with other adults! We were there until I had to rush home to get Jason down for a quick nap so I could shower as well before picking up Tyler at school. Luckily my mom came home and was able to stay with Jason in time for me to walk back to school and get Tyler. I stayed with him on the playground and my mom brought Jason to me once he woke up. After almost 2 hours on the playground we walked home and got immediately in the car to go visit my grandparents who had just arrived. Tyler was sooooo excited to see them, and Jason warmed up quickly. We learned that we'll get to plant a garden in their backyard this year, which is very exciting. And Jason very much enjoyed the Florida oranges they brought home from their tree.



I left the boys there so I could quickly fit in a haircut. I still hadn't decided on color, so since I didn't have time anyway, I just got a cut. I met everyone back at my grandparents and then we came back home for a quick dinner before I took them out again for Ty's t-ball practice.

I had to rush home and literally had probably 25 minutes to get Jason to bed and get myself ready to head out. I met Jen in Medford and then she drove us to the speed line so we could go into the city. My friend Tracy was in from Chicago and Kristen was in from Florida, so we had a little high school gathering at Ladder 15. I believe we had 15 people, and it was a nice time. I was sooooo happy to be out with friends. It's a rare treat!

1 comment:

jamielblev said...

I feel deprived. We don't have bookmobiles here! :-(