Monday, April 5, 2010

last week before spring break

Monday we had rain, rain, and more rain. Yucky stuff. T-ball cancelled, again!

On Tuesday I did something I never expected to do. I took Jason to a chiropractor and Ayurvedic practitioner. I few people had mentioned going to someone like this when I was dealing with issues with Jason's allergies and such, but my brother's girlfriend Cara had been persuasive in getting me to make an appointment with her practitioner almost 2 weeks prior after i had been telling her what was going on with Jason (this was all prior to his 18m appointment). Anyway, we went (Cara came with us), and I'm still a little perplexed about the whole visit, but I'm also open to trying what they said. Apparently his gut is very badly damaged from vaccines and such, so we have to heal that. She wants him off of all dairy, which I'm struggling with. We started a regimen of creams and probiotics and other drops. Well, we attempted to start, but it's tough with a child who won't eat and drink consistently! Anyway, I'll keep you updated on that front.

That night we got to kid's night at Chick-fil-A. The last time we were there Jason was having trouble climbing up on the apparatus, but I thought maybe it was because of the jeans he was wearing. This time he was in sweatpants and was definitely trying to climb, but still couldn't. I don't understand the child. One step forward, sometimes two steps back. I guess the good news is that I didn't have to climb up on those things either!

On Wednesday we had some beautiful weather again. I think we stayed after school for a bit, and then we were back again at the school shortly thereafter to take Tyler to his school club. While there I got a text that my friend Michele was with her daugther at a doctor nearby. Michele and I were friends and met when our husbands worked together in Lakehurst. She even watched Tyler for me when I worked part-time when he was a baby. Anyway, ever since I moved to FL almost 5 years ago we haven't seen each other much, so I jumped on the chance to meet up with her. I quickly packed Tyler's t-ball gear and picked him up from his club and we met for a brief dinner at McDonalds. It was great seeing them! Felt like we hadn't missed a thing.

From there it was a quick change in the car before heading off for the field where my mom met us for tball practice.

Thursday was even more beautiful and Tyler came hopping out of school with a little Easter basket and was in a great mood with the start of spring break. Unfortunately the attitude didn't continue, and I was about ready to send him back to school about an hour after spring break began. LOL.! Unfortunately couldn't get out to play because Tyler had a dentist appointment. I can't say how thankful I am to have found Tyler's dentist. He was anxious about going, but not fearful like the other times. He got there and he was totally cooperative for some xrays, cleaning, fluoride treatment, and examination. He had never even had a fluoride treatment before because he'd always freak out too much. And he walked out there with an armful of "prizes". He was as happy as could be. I guess he'll get to be that happy again in a week, because it turns out he has one small cavity. Poor child has acquired my soft teeth. I feel bad for him, because he never misses a brushing, but i guess I need to be more vigilant about helping him regularly.

That afternoon my parents left for Atlantic City for the night and we got a surprise visit from a family member, bringing cake, flowers, and lollipops for the boys. I caved and let them have a light dinner and then dig into their pops.
After that it was more outdoor time before getting a text that Beth and her family were heading to the beach, so we met them there. The big kids even ended up in the water!




Home just in time for baths and bed!

1 comment:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Wow you have had a few busy weeks! Love Jason's picture on the carousel. And I also did a double take on the mascots jersey. Perhaps they would like to rethink the design ;-)