Friday, April 16, 2010

spring break week continues

On Monday morning I was glad that I had returned early from Atlantic City. Jason's nose was all stuffy and runny and he was coughing. I was pretty convinced it was allergies, so I didn't cancel speech therapy. I felt kinda bad since we were going through tissues non-stop while she was here, but he did okay. I spent the rest of that afternoon going through the boys summer clothes to figure out what they had that still fit, as apparently we'd be needing our shorts already! Tyler still fit in all of his shorts but 1 (phew) and most of his shirts. Jason still seems to fit in everything, but even if/when he does grow I still have Tyler's 18 and 24m clothes put away.

On Tuesday I reluctantly had to cancel our plans to attend my cousin's son Brayden's birthday party, and instead stay home with sicky. We did take a little trip to the lake, and he was happy to be outside. Weather was gorgeous and it was a nice diversion.




Tuesday evening was Ty's first t-ball game. Beautiful weather for it! Tyler did better than expected, but he definitely still has some practice to get under his belt. He had fun, and he only needed to use the tee on his one time up to bat.







On Wednesday is was HOT (92 degrees), especially for the first week in April in New Jersey! I had to pass on a free trip to the zoo (soooo disappointing) because Jason still wasn't feeling well. So despite Jason's miserableness (is that a word?) we hit the beach. He was happier outside anyway. Later we came home for lunch and a nap and got a call that my cousin Kristen was in the area and wanted to meet up with the kids at the lake. The kids had a lot of fun playing together.





That afternoon we took my mom's electric scooter for a test drive at the mall. I had to pick up the boys pictures from Sears and we took advantage of a little shopping time. Got some great deals! After there we went across the street to Chick-fil-a. This CFA has a Wednesay kid's night with free kids meals (with purchase of an adult meal) and they had a balloon lady. Fun for all!


On Thursday we brought along the electric scooter so my mom and I could bring the boys to Great Adventure. First off, the carousel with our whole group.



After quite a few rides for Tyler we found our way into the "fun zone" with all of the balls. Both boys loves this place!



After a frustrating meal with some less-than-stellar employees, it was off to the dolphin show. Jason, refusing to sit on our laps or a bench, enjoying the dolphin show.

And Jason got to try out a new ride...like mini teacups. Glad for that to be over (makes me feel sick) but the boys had fun.


Friday apparently never existed. I have no pictures to document it. I didn't post on facebook. Lord knows what we did, but I imagine is included lots of outdoor time.

No comments: