Saturday, April 10, 2010

the egg hunts continue!

Last Saturday morning we were surprised to find the Easter bunny hopping outside our house, courtesy of my mother-in-law. I was afraid it might confuse Tyler beyond belief or blow the Easter bunny story for him, but he totally bought it! While the Easter bunny made an escape to it's vehicle I got Jason's shoes on and had Ty search for our baskets, and then we were off for the hunt. Tyler was thrilled to find money in some of the eggs, and candy in others. Jason was just interested in gathering. He later spent the better part of an hour emptying jelly beans from one egg to another, in the basket, back in eggs, etc.













Later, after a few rounds of practice egg hunting (me hiding empty plastic eggs in the yard for practice, aka: getting him out of my hair and out of the house), we stopped briefly to watch a few minutes of Aiden's lacross practice.

Later that afternoon we met up with Al's mom and step-dad for the Medford Easter egg hunt. It was really cute and Jason loved his hunt and was really pleased with his 5 or so eggs. Tyler was excited, but slipped on some mud early on in the hunt (you can see him falling in one of the pictures), so I had to coax him to finish. He was disappointed that he didn't get more eggs, but was happy overall. The highlight of Tyler's egg prizes were an Easter bunny head key chain and a parachuting bunny toy. Jason particularly a piece of candy and then later liked throwing his eggs, which were real, so they then became broken eggs. LOL.








That evening we went to Jim & Cara's place for pizza dinner. Cara was making the "Easter pies" for brunch the next morning. Katie helped Aiden and Tyler make eggs. We all enjoyed the beautiful weather out on the deck. Jason played with (and ate) playdough for the first time. A nice night, but my allergies (or a cold) came over me quickly and I was exhausted.








When we got home I fell asleep while putting Jason to bed, and then later on the couch. I woke up briefly for my Easter bunny duties and then was back to bed by 10:00. Exhausted!

1 comment:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Where on earth did your MIL get an Easter Bunny Costume! How hilarious. Love the picture of her hopping along.