Monday, March 22, 2010

welcome spring

Saturday morning I was greeted by a 5 year old yelling "happy spring". It was in fact a beautiful day to celebrate the first day of spring. In fact I heard that it was warmer in NJ than it was in FL. A high of about 75!

First thing in the morning I got Jason out in the jogging stroller for a walk. Then it was out for some basketball with the boys.



After lunch we met up with Dottie and Carli and mom and John at the marlton playground for some fun in the sun. Wish i had thought to take some photos.

After the playground I allowed Tyler to convince me to go to Rita's for our free water ice. Jason wanted nothing to do with that LOOOOONG line, and truth be told, neither did I. Tyler has way more patience for lines than I do, so he stood in line with my purse around his neck (why do I not have a photo of that?) while I chased Jason around the place. Thankfully although the line was huge, they moved it quickly and efficiently and we had our choice of at least 15 flavors. Tyler of course chose RED (oh boy). Jason started off with green apple, and then made a move for my orange, which he ended up preferring. We all enjoyed our free water ices very much. Thanks Rita's!




I should mention that AFTER water ice we went home for dinner. That is totally not something I'd normally do, but every once in a while you just need water ice as an appetizer!

We took a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood while Tyler rode his bike. Came home and the boys were off to bed so I could head out to Walmart for some necessary items.

Sunday brought more gorgeous weather. That morning we went on over to TNT gymnastics for Tyler's friend Lilly's 5th birthday party. The kids had a blast with the trampoline, balance beam, and other activities. He loved absolutely every minute of it, and was a bit braver than I expected. Meanwhile Jason explored the waiting room of the facility with me, occasionally mooching pretzels before the kids all joined us for pizza, cake and presents. We had a great time, and we left without the typical huge sugar high thanks to Jen and her all natural juice boxes and healthy treats in the goody bags. Thanks Jen for that (and the pictures of hers that I'm posting...LOL).





After the party we were back outside to enjoy the sunshine. Jason's favorite activity is basketball...well, that and doing his attempt at buzzing (all the while with drool coming down his mouth) while staring at the carpenter bees.


On Sunday night we had tentative plans to go to Dottie's for a barbeque. Unfortunately Jason had taken a brief 10 minute nap on the way home from the gymnastics party and felt that it was sufficient as his only nap, so he was CRANKY. I was really worn down and just didn't have it in me to bring the boys there and deal with their meltdowns. Cara and Jim invited us over for an impromptu barbeque, and being that they live a whole 2 minutes away, we took them up on it. Jim did some steaks on the barbeque and we all enjoyed a nice meal out on the deck. What a nice end to a gorgeous weekend!

No comments: