Sunday, March 7, 2010

and we eat

Apparently this was a week of eating. Lots of eating. I do want to note that we eat pretty healthy at home. But this week wasn't our best for healthy eating, due to lots of meals out! This coming week, lots of meals IN!

On Wednesday, this is Jason branching out and eating blueberry preserves on crackers.



That evening we took off for Atlantic City to go to the Showboat buffet. My mom had free buffet tickets, and she had hoped if she played for a little while she'd earn another one. Maybe 10-15 minutes later my mom had earned the other meal and won approximately $40 in the process. So, my parents and myself, as well as they boys who always eat free, all ate for NOTHING!

This is us killing time while my mom was gambling (it sounds classy, huh?). Jason loved watching seagulls. Tyler is still fascinated by the various patterns in the carpets.


Everyone enjoyed the meal. Tyler loaded up on a piece of chicken, a roll, salad and bread. And then of course some ice cream. Jason threw most of his food, but devoured most of a piece of watermelon. He also tried an ice cream cone.



Thursday I had a dentist appointment in the morning. Got a reminder to become more friendly with my dental floss. I certainly hope that my children don't learn to hate the dentist as much as I do.

That afternoon Jason had a make-up speech therapy session. She got to experience Jason's food throwing, completewith yogurt all over her pants.

Friday was a teacher in-service day. We attended the JWA toddler storytime. The older kids got to do some coloring sheets and then they all enjoyed some books and apple slices.




I got to drag both boys to Cherry Hill for my fingerprinting (necessary for my OT license renewal). Good times. From there it was a quick trip to Kohl's, where I spent the better portion of the trip trying to keep Jason from grabbing clothes and Tyler from grabbing Jason. Also, too, good times. As promised, a trip to Friendly's.


Later on that evening I gave the boys golfish and fruit as a snack before bed. Jason spent quite a bit of time relocated the golfish from the coffee table/ottoman to the piano bench. After he went to bed I realized he never finished them, but instead broke them into groups of three. Should I be worried about these OCD behaviors?

2 comments:

Kim said...

LOL I had to laugh at several of the pictures! Jason is such a little ham!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I responded on my blog as well but here it is again:

It's something the OT previously told us about and we've been implementing for transitions. For the last couple of weeks, she's been using it in the morning without waking us. This is a new, huge accomplishment. She graduated from the OT, but still goes to the Center to see the pychologist. She also can go back to OT anytime we want for "refreshers".

I wouldn't worry about the grouping of fish. That's pretty brillant if you ask me!