Wednesday, March 24, 2010

this week thus far

Well, remember me being all excited that Jason finally seemed like he was saying my name (meh meh)? It seems as though it was nothing personal, as he calls everyone this. Nuts.

Speaking of Jason, Monday was speech day. It was also supposed to be Tyler's first day of t-ball, but it was cancelled due to rain.

On Tuesday, after I dropped Ty at school, Jason and I ran errands all morning. Our last stop was the library, and it happened to be their toddler storytime for 18-36 months old. They had an opening, so I decided to bring him. He really did well sitting with the other kids. I can't say that I think he "participated" or really paid attention, but he had moments where he did and he wasn't a distraction, so I'd consider it a success. They even did a little "craft" afterwards. Too cute!


That afternoon we had plans to meet up with my cousin and her kids at my aunts house. We had a really nice playdate AND dinner, so it was a nice low-key day. Plus I scored some major blackmail photos for when Tyler is older. I do have to say that it was a little disheartening to see Jason compared to my cousins' daughter Ada. They are less than 2 weeks apart in age and miles apart in development. That being said, all kids are different. Still finding it hard not to compare kids, but at the same time not wanting to overlook issues. It's a fine line I struggle with.


After I picked Ty up at school today we had a quick trip to the playground. Then it was off for a quick lunch and some downtime and then back to his first after-school club. It's a project infinity club entitled "spring has sprung". He enjoyed himself, and I used my free hour to run to the colony club to enroll Ty in summer camp.

Came home for a little relaxation time. A sleepy pop-pop and Jason. Who do you think will fall asleep first?
That would be pop-pop.


After a quick dinner and change it was back to school. Tonight was Tyler's first t-ball practice. Apparently his cleats hurt and he was disappointed that he didn't get his team shirt yet, but otherwise he enjoyed himself. As you know, Ty isn't the most sports-motivated kid, but he did hustle out there and gave it his best, so for that I'm proud of him. It did break my heart to see that there were 7 kids at practice and 6 dads. I'm not sure he noticed, but I imagine at some point he will. I'd love to think that I'm doing my best as a single parent, but sometimes a boy needs his dad.




For the record, I'd like to state that I still despise time change. Spring forward, fall back, it all sucks! It might be fine for those without children, but for me I swear I end up losing sleep no matter which way the clock changes. I'm now struggling with a 5.5 year old who is VERY tired for school and then can't fall asleep at night at his normal time. We're now nearly 2 weeks past the time change and he still hasn't adjusted. However, I am happy to report, after a relapse in the sleeping department, Jason has slept past 6:30 the last 2 mornings. My internal clock is still saying it's 5:30, but I'll take it.

1 comment:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I hear you on the time change thing. Our household is still not adjusted. Also hear you on the comparing kids thing. It's hard not to do (especially when my 5 yr old hids under a table every time I pick her up!) but remember for every "weakness" they probably have some "strength" that the other kid doesn't.