Sunday, March 21, 2010

more precipitation

First off, unrelated to my "precipitation" post, Jason said my name last Friday! I believe he attempted to call me and my mom by names(sounds more like "meh", but cute regardless).

As I was saying, last Friday brought more precipitation. This time some rain, not snow. Actually, quite a bit of rain.

I wasn't looking forward to the weekend inside, so after school I reluctantly brought the boys to International Sports. We had been to a party there and Tyler loved it, but it was VERY crowded. They have a weekday special for $5 admission to all of the climbing and inflatable areas. They didn't charge me for Jason, so we ended up staying there for three hours for $5!! Tyler had a blast, of course. Even Jason was entertained, wandering around. He shocked me by drinking about 4oz from his sippy cup, for the first time ever.




After our outing we tried to stop for dinner. We first went to Salad Works, where I learned that my 5 year old can't order a kids meal SALAD at SALAD WORKS. I find it ridiculous that he can order peanut butter and fluff, but not SALAD. From there it was to KFC, which was very dirty. I later found a piece of plastic in my chicken. For the record I wrote to both companies that night. Salad Works replied promptly AND legitimately seemed to address my concerns and gave me a gift card. 9 days later and KFC has yet to reven respond. That says a lot. Salad Works get my business again!

Friday night the rain continued with heavy wind as well. It continued into Saturday, when we lost power around noon. As you can see, lots of rain in the front yard.

By 2 or 3 we were really bored so we decided to brave the storm and head out to BJs and then to Chick-fil-A for dinner. We encountered lots of flooding. Luckily we went, because we came home to a dark house. Shortly before the boys bedtime we got a knock at the door from the police, informing us that a tree had fallen on my grandparents roof (they are in FL for the winter). Thankfully the boys went to bed without issue, and we of course all went to bed early versus sitting in the dark. The power FINALLY came back on around 3:30AM.

On Sunday I discovered that Jason had cut yet another tooth, bottom left next to the middle.

it was still raining. I went over to my grandparents to get some pictures (for their insurance company) of the tree damage. Here are some of the outside. I didn't bother posting the rest of the pictures, but they have some ceiling caved in, damage to rafters, and leaks.


Some more local damage.

No comments: