Wednesday, May 25, 2011

easter egg hunt with an easter cow

Tuesday was just another typical day. School drop-off for Tyler, speech therapy for Jason, laundry, school lunch serving for me, dentist appointment for me, and painting club for Tyler. Didn't feel guilty at all having CFA for dinner, which was just perfect cause it was kids nights (which means free craft, balloon, and ice cream).


Just cause it's so rare in my life...a little boy sleeping so soundly that he doesn't awaken immediately at my footsteps.

On the 14th Jason had his school eligibility conference. He insisted on wearing a set of bunny ears as he went hopping in there. That certainly makes a statement without saying a word. We were met at the school by Jason's early intervention case manager, who is great. However the school willingly offered to give Jason all the evaluations we assumed he would need (OT, ST, and even PT). So the evaluations will be completed, reports written, and we'll meet again within the next 90 days to determine if he's eligible for their "disabled preschool" program. Should be interesting process. This stuff fascinates me.

Jason survived another story time at the library. Theme was hats, as you can see. He even got to make a hat, which he was quite proud of.

Friday after school Jeanne and I took the kids to Chick-fil-A for a dinner with the Easter Cow and egg hunt we had signed them up for. It was pretty cute, with their cow mascot dressed up like a bunny. Tyler asked me reluctantly whether I thought there was such a thing as a real "Easter Cow" and I was debating my answer when he suddenly announced something like "never mind, there is the real Easter Bunny right there" as a large bunny came on out of the back of the restaurant. My little naive boy. Apparently he must not have heard Zachary announce "it's a costume. I see it's neck". LOL. They had a small egg hunt for empty eggs outside of the restaurant, which they then turned in for little goody bags with coupons and treats. Boys were happy and made for an easy dinnertime for me before we head on out for boyscout camping.



No comments: