Sunday, August 1, 2010

wet Thursday

Uneventful morning with Jason for a change, while Ty was at camp.

The girls wanted to go on a bike ride, so after borrowing a bike from a neighbor they agreed to first ride down to camp to pick up Tyler. He was THRILLED they showed up and we no sooner turned on our street on our return trip when it started drizzling. We came inside to get something, an it started down pouring. So, bike trip cancelled. So everyone decided to go bowling. I wasn't sure how Jason would do, so I drove separately. I literally drove separately because both my boys insisted on going in the car with my mom so they could be with Lauren and Abigail! We all bowling a game together (minus my mom, official cheerleader and Jason watcher), and then I left and they bowled once more. And then they needed a tie-breaking game with just the girls.





Then my grandparents had been wanting to take the girls to Chick-fil-A while they were here, and this rainy Thursday seemed like our best chance to fit it in. We all went (Lauren, Abigail, me, Ty, Jason, my mom, and my grandparents). We enjoyed a yummy meal as usual, and I laughed as the girls played IN the play area with Tyler. Even the girls couldn't manage to coax Jason back up in that play area though.


After returning from Chick-fil-A Tyler was begging to go swimming. The girls didn't want to go, so they stayed and kept an eye on Jason for me (very helpful) while I took Tyler in. He made an amazing amount of progress in just a short time! By the end of the approximately 1/2 hour swim he was able to jump off the dock in the deep end and doggy paddle half the length of the dock to the ladder. Goooo Tyler!



No comments: