Sunday, August 1, 2010

crazy weekends

Last Saturday it was just too darn hot to go outside, for me anyway. Bright and early my mom took Ty to the farmer's market in Medford Lakes, but that was it. A good chunk of Ty's morning was spent on this craft. $1 at A.C. Moore and perfect for days where being outside could be unhealthy. I posted this picture on facebook, where I quickly got inquiries as to what he was making. No, not a cheeseball, A lion's head, so I suppose this park what the back of the lion's head/mane. Apparently it requires clarification. Hey, don't knock it...kept Ty busy.

Meanwhile Jason took an incredibly rare 2.5 hour nap. So incredibly rare that I was afraid he wasn't breathing or that he'd wake up burning up from a fever. My mom and I took advantage of the time to organize and clean the laundry room, which was waaaaayyyyy overdue. He woke up as happy as can be.

That afternoon was Tracy and Alex's after wedding party. They had gotten married in Mexico and many people obviously couldn't come (like me, thanks Jason, despite the fact that I was supposed to be IN the wedding) so Tracy's mom hosted this party at her house. Tons of old high school friends were there. Luckily for the boys Veronica was there with her kids. They played together quite nicely and never complained of the heat. I later learned that the high temperature occurred at 5pm (while we were there) at 97 with a heat index of 107. We were outside for over 4 hours in that record-breaking heat. Had a nice time for sure, but was happy to be home in my air conditioning that evening!



Jason ended up repaying me for the long nap I was awarded that day. He ended up being up from about 1-2:30. Nothing i could do would get him back to sleep. Great times.

Sunday morning we checked in on the family garden at my grandparents. We let Tyler pick the "world's largest cucumber". It was quite tasty as well.


Sunday afternoon Tyler had a party to attend at Bounce U. So we got to see Veronica and her family (the party was for Gianna) twice in the weekend. The kids had a blast bouncing away. Even Jason got in on the fun, jumping in the moonbounce! Of course they both devoured the cake afterwards. Photos courtesy of Jen, as usual. She takes the best photos (my iPhone photos did not compare).





That evening we had a short summer storm which finally cooled off the insane heat. Made it tolerable enough for our next event...Sunday night was the last night of the short summer movie series in Medford Lakes. Everyone else managed to get out of bringing their kids, except me. I brought the boys down alone, but I was glad they did. Tyler had tons of his friends there and they had tons to do and lots to eat. A moonbounce, games, treasure hunt, hotdogs, water ice, cotton candy, popcorn. Jason was quite entertained eating, while Tyler bounced away with friends. Unfortunately, despite being very organized, they encountered technical difficulties with power and the movie (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) didn't get started until about 9:30. Tyler and Ava had been sitting together, and luckily her mom didn't want to stay the whole time, so we made a group decision to exit together shortly after 10. Tyler handled it well, which I was happy about after the experience we had at the last movie in the park. Amazingly Jason was still awake by the time we got home and both boys crashed quickly after our long weekend.

No comments: