Tuesday, April 10, 2012

March 4-10

On Sunday we had church and then I spent some time relaxing while Tyler worked on a scout belt loop at the bowling alley with his den.

That evening we finally set up Tyler's telescope, which had been a Christmas present from Bob. Very cool.

On Monday Jason had a library program at Evesham library, which of course was Dr. Seuss themed!



Finished off the night with karate.

On Tuesday I had my second "alphabits" class at church, which again went really well.

That afternoon, while the boys were at school, I had a follow-up GI appointment. I was thrilled that the doctor said my inflammation was much less, so he agreed to let me wean off my dreaded steroids. In reality I fear my inflammation was less because I threw up over the weekend and basically had eaten no food from Thursday up until my appointment. Hope I didn't allow him to make the wrong decision. Really excited to hopefully be done with steroids soon (it's a long weaning process though).

I rushed home to get the boys from school, and then my mom kept Jason so I could take Ty to counseling. My parents and Jason met Tyler and I at chick-fil-a for a really quick dinner. That evening we had the viewing for my cousin's husband. I had never left Jason with someone other than family, so I was really torn with what to do being that my whole family would be at the viewing. Luckily the funeral home was about 5 minutes from Bob's house, so we drove from chick-fil-a to Bob's house and left the boys there with a movie and snacks. I was back for them in less than an hour (not even enough time to watch the whole movie). They were fine. I think it was easier for both of them because they both had each other too (at least for Jason who isn't used to this).

On Wednesday we had the funeral service to attend, so Jason stayed with his friend Gianna from school. He had never been to a friend's house without me, but Dina sent me periodic pictures of their play date, which made me feel better. She brought him to school for me as well so i could go to lunch with everyone afterwards.

On Thursday we spent some time with some baseball practice. Even Chris got in on the fun!


On Friday they had an early dismissal day, so they boys and I and Luke went to the Discovery Museum after school. Since our district was apparently one of the only ones with a half day, the museum was fairly empty, which was a nice treat. All the boys seemed to have a really good time. Poor Tyler must have been pretty darn tired by the time he was off to karate that evening.






On Saturday we stopped briefly at Jim and Cara's to meet my new nieces. They are chicks. Apparently my brother decided that he wanted to raise hens. Interesting, huh? So he now has 3 chicks and they're quite cute. The boys got a kick out of them.


That afternoon I finally let the kids try to play wii together again. I quickly remember why I do not normally allow this. Jason thinks he's capable of playing, and he's not able to play most games. And Tyler is less than tolerant. Maybe next year. LOL.

No comments: