Friday, April 13, 2012

March 25-31

On Sunday, after church, my mom watched Jason so Tyler and I could have a much-needed "date". He picked lunch at Friendly's and then we were off to the library to do some research for his upcoming "living history" project. Only my son would enjoy a date to the library. He, he.


That afternoon Tyler had a pack meeting for scouts and got a belt loop of some sort.

Afterwards we quickly went over to my mother-in-law's for a nice dinner.

On Monday after school Tyler had a yoga program at the library, which he loved. Afterwards he showed off his new smile. Losing teeth at a rapid pace!

That afternoon I finally got Jason's speech report from his evaluation almost 6 weeks prior. I was somewhat surprised to see that it gave him a final diagnosis of "Childhood Apraxia of Speech". Looks like we have a long road ahead of us with speech therapy.

On Tuesday we had a busy day of "alphabits" at church, Tyler's new art club after school, and karate.

On Wednesday I had a fun afternoon at the dermatologist. Due to family history it was recommended I have an awesomely exciting body scan of moles and stuff. Luckily the few I was slightly concerned about turned out to be fine, but they did decide to biopsy another one on my hip. Jason FINALLY got his long-awaited playdate at our house. Jason's friend and her older brother (Tyler's friend) both came over. It was a lot of energy but A LOT of fun. As Tyler stated, it was "the best playdate EVER".

On Friday, after doing some substitute lunch serving we spent some time on the playground.

That evening, after karate, the boys continued their new routine of Tyler reading Jason his bedtime stories. So cute.

On Saturday morning we did some quick baking (for a friend's charity) before heading over to spring sport's opening day in town where I had agreed to help man the Woman's Club concession stand (before i realized that neither of my boys would be playing baseball). Due to the rain it was pretty much shut down, which stunk for the kids. So I didn't do much selling before helping break it all down.

That afternoon, due to the yucky weather continuing, my mom and I decided to use her free coupons (thanks Sahara Sam's for the facebook giveaway she won) to take the boys to see The Lorax in 3D. When Jason heard of this he freaked out, apparently petrified at the idea (in spite having successfully been to the movie theater in the past). Ultimately I ended up bring Tyler on a "date" (again) to see it myself. We got the tickets, then went to grab a quick dinner at chick-fil-a, and then back for the movie. It was cute and he loved it. The little stinker though, on the way out, told me I was "embarrassing" him when i went to hug him. And so it begins...

No comments: