Thursday, April 12, 2012

March 11-17

On Sunday the boys, who should have slept late due to Daylight Savings time, were up extra early. And therefore cranky. WTH?

After church we met up at Bob Meyer for a playdate with my cousin Beth and her son.

That evening we made our way back to church for "Fresh Hope". It's a single mother's support group, held monthly on sunday nights. I had been tempted to go in the past, but was a little leery. On of my fellow "alphabits" friends asked me to join her there (her first time too) and I'm so glad I did! The boys got a dinner in the church, and then Tyler joined the Sunday Night Kids Club while Jason stayed in the nursery. Meanwhile I had a nice meal, a small video on single christian parenting, and conversation. I had a very nice time and am already looking forward to next month's Fresh Hope.

While Tyler was off to school on Monday Jason and I spent the morning outside. Little man can almost ride his tricycle. ALMOST.

That afternoon, with Jason at school as well, I went into Tyler's class to be "mystery reader". I got to read "Make Way for Ducklings" as well as show off some photos of Tyler at the Public Garden with the duck statue when he was little.

After school Tyler was off to Luke's house for a playdate, while Jason (aka: Mr. Grumpy) came home to hang out.


Got him home in time for karate.

On Tuesday Jason and I were off to church again for our "alphabits" course.

After school Tyler had an informal baseball practice. He does struggle, but I suppose enjoyed it. However Jason might have enjoyed it more. He wanted to play so badly, so he got to warm up with them and then hung out and played on the sidelines.



That evening my mom watched the boys so i could go to the SEAC meeting at school. With only 2 in attendance the meeting was over pretty quick.

On Wednesday, after a fun time at the grocery store, we watched Jason's little classmate at the playground before school for a little while. Jason's 2nd playdate in a week! Is it impressive when you freak out at the top of the slide and require your mommy to come rescue you? Probably not. Poor Jason.



After school I took Tyler outside to practice ball, which sorta ended poorly. After some drama over the last couple weeks, long story short, I gave him the decision whether he really wanted to play baseball. It was a tough decision, but he decided not to play. I was sorta sad, but I'd rather him "quit" now than after the season started. Wished it had worked out differently but it is what it is. Then it was off to counseling for me and Tyler. Good timing.

On Thursday we just had some normal fun. School, laundry, playtime, injections, karate, awesomeness.

On Friday after school we created some St. Patrick's day treats.

With the excitement of St. Patrick's Day Tyler felt the need to finish up his "leprechaun trap" before bed. At this point, as I tucked him in, he announced that he was excited for the leprechaun to leave him gold coins. Umm, what? I was unaware of this. So I (umm, I mean the leprechaun) had to run a few errands anyway (while my dad watched the sleeping boys), and went in search of gold coins...which I could not find. Finally at 11:30pm I found those damn gold coins at CVS. So I rushed home and hid them in their bedrooms. Then I went upstairs in the loft to address the note he had left by the "leprechaun trap". Does he think the leprechaun is going to answer the letter BEFORE being trapped? Hmm. Anyway, dealt with that as best as I could.



It was not incredibly brilliant for the leprechaun to have hidden a gold chocolate coin in Tyler's shoe, becasue the leprechaun should have realized that Tyler would feel the need to check his leprechaun trap (upstair in the loft) at 4:30am and of course would therefore put on his shoes to navigate his shoes. Yes, so at 4:30am Tyler was excitedly bouncing at my door to tell me that the leprechaun had hidden chocolate. Oy vey. Which meant that Jason was up shortly thereafter. Awesome.

Unfortunately (by that I mean actually very fortunate) Tyler had a boyscout activity at Cedar Run so I dropped him off at his scout leaders house and had just Jason to hang out with for almost 3 hours. So Jason got green milk for his St. Patrick's day cereal.

While Tyler was at Cedar Run Jason and I put together our fruit rainbow. He was quite excited about this and it was not easy to keep him away from it until Tyler got home. After their lunch and fruit treat I made them homemade Shamrock Shakes, which of course pleased them.


Then we finished up our yummy cupcakes.

Then it was off to Jim and Cara's for St. Patrick's Day dinner, a little trampoline play, and hanging out with the chicks.







No comments: