Thursday, December 29, 2011

October 30-31. Halloween!

On Sunday, after Tyler had scouts, my parents went to pick up Chris and we had a pumpkin carving afternoon. Tyler surprised me by picking his own design from the book, and after I cut off the lid for him, he cleaned out and completely carved his own design. He did wonderfully and I couldn't have done it any better myself! Jason, after initially being hesitant to touch the thing (which is what I totally expected)he ended up getting wayyyy into it. It definitely verged on being a little OCD, the way he had to remove every seed, one at a time, and wipe his hand on the paper towel afterwards. But he had a blast. With only an approximate 15 minute break to eat a snack, I finally had to cut him off from the obsessive pumpkin cleaning after he had been working for 2.5 hours. Yes, you read that right. Meanwhile Tyler, after finishing his pumpkin, took over my pumpkin as well to create a second masterpiece. This one got a little messed up, but he had fun. After I cut Jason off of his seed cleaning expedition, he "decorated" another pumpkin with toothpicks. Quite a looker.












On Monday morning I got Tyler dressed into his Halloween costume for school. For the first time in my memory, the kids were to have their Halloween party and parade in the morning, and then get undressed into normal clothes and continue their day as normal. Sounds unlikely to me, but I don't make the rules. Anyway, it was quite cold and Tyler was none too pleased about wearing a sweatshirt over his costume. When it was time Jason, myself, my mom, Jeanne, and Beth and Olivia walked up the street to view the kids go by in the parade. I didn't realize my camera memory was full, so I was so disappointed to have only captured this phone picture. Boo.

That afternoon I got Jason dressed in his costume for school. Jason, being a monkey, had a banana sewn into his pocket. I had to laugh when a little girl came up to him and said "jason, may I please touch to your banana". LOL. Of course he said "no"..what else is knew. After the kids went in the parents stayed outside for a few minutes before the kids came out for their "parade" around the courtyard. Jason looked positively miserable. Poor guy.



I had volunteered to help out with baking and bringing in activities and helping with Jason's classroom's Halloween party. How adorable. I loved watching all the kids with their acitivites, games, and digging into their treats. So cute!



After school we quick got Ty's costume back on and visited my grandparents quickly so they could see them in their costumes. Then we came home to meet up with my mother-in-law. She ended up having to stay at work so instead the boys trick-or-treated to our neighbors.





Bob came over and we went to Beth and Erich's to join some friends for a quick pizza dinner and then got on our way for some trick-or-treating. Jason wasn't incredibly enthusiastic and only went to a few houses before asking to be pulled in the wagon. They both had fun though and got a ton of candy!




Upon getting home Tyler was really excited to hand out candy to other trick or treaters. And then of course there is the very important task of organizing and counting your loot!

No comments: