Friday, December 30, 2011

November 13-19

On Sunday the boys were still with their dad, busy doing whatever it was they did (which included a cub scout den meeting) I was trying to enjoy kid-free time, and even though I wasn't' sleeping, did stay in bed pretty late. That was an accomplishment. That evening, after finally getting to visit my mom in her new rehab, I was more than ready to meet up with them at Red Lobster in Cherry Hill so I could retrieve my boys. I was happy to learn that Jason was still doing well with potty-training and supposedly everyone had a pretty good time.

On Monday I spent most of the morning close to home with a naked Jason who was peeing regularly to earn potty prizes. LOL.

Eventually we did get dressed so we could go visit my mom. Jason of course got to check out the potty there as well, numerous times.

That afternoon at school he got to do his make-up class pictures. They let me come in to help coerce him to cooperate. Success!

On Tuesday Jason had a fun library program.

That afternoon, while the boys were at school, I had a dentist appointment. No cavities! And I got fit for a mouth guard for my horrible grinding. Fun stuff. That afternoon after school Ty had a library program as well, "snack attack" before his karate class.

On Wednesday Jason put on his first pair of big boy underwear and was quite proud of himself. He managed to keep them dry all day without any issues, even including a trip to the grocery store daycare (scrunchies) by himself for the first time. He even stayed dry at school!!

That afternoon/evening we made our way back to visit my mom at rehab, this being the first time for Tyler due to school and activities. Afterwards, because I was so proud of Tyler with how helpful and understanding he had been with Jason's potty-training (and because I just wanted to be a cool mom for a minute) I surprised Tyler with the brand new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, "Cabin Fever". As you can tell, he was elated.

That evening Jason finally got to hang out with pop-pop (who had been busy visiting my mom at rehab most of his free time). I'm sorry, but I just find it positively adorable to see Jason running around in his underwear. Too funny.

On Thursday at PT Jason got his new orthotics. He initially wasn't thrilled, but warmed up to them quickly. We started in a process of wearing them for short times to break them in, and in less than a week he'll be wearing them all day, taking them off to go to sleep.




That evening, not long after his speed stacking club, Tyler had a karate medal tournament. It was incredibly crowded, Jason wasn't happy, and I had to keep walking him down to Starbucks, in the freezing cold, to use the potty. Eventually I had to admit defeat and knew I couldn't survive the whole 2.5 hours at the studio. I went home, crying, and called my dad. He immediately left the rehab where he was visiting my mom and got in the car and went and watched the rest of Ty's medal tournament. I'm thankful that I have awesome family and Tyler is well-loved, but geez I wish i could clone myself so I could be everywhere. That killed me to miss that. Ty had a great time though and come home with some medals.


Friday morning was spent visiting my mom again, including a trip to Taco Bell to grab us and her some lunch. Jason got to visit those bathrooms a few times. Good stuff.

On Saturday we kept busy with a trip to the library

Later the playground.


I believe we finished our day with a trip to visit my mom again and deliver get well cards, but my mind escapes me. Sounds right though.

No comments: