Wednesday, December 28, 2011

October 16-22

On Sunday Bob and I brought the boys to Conte's to go pumpkin picking. Always a hit!





After pumpkin picking we ate some hotdogs and apple cider donuts while we relaxed at the picnic table. We discovered a whole family of fuzzy caterpillars that were climbing up and around the tree. Will PETA have to get involved if I admit that the boys made the caterpillars compete in a race?



On our way out we noticed the horses/ponies out by the fence. The boys took turns feeding them hay and had a blast.


We then went on over to Indian Acres for some more fun. The boys spent the majority of their time playing in the large corn box (like a sand box, but with corn kernels instead of sand...very cute). They also kept busy with the corn maze, feeding the goats and llamas, and playing on the playground.






That night the boys show off some matching pj's in a photo to their mom-mom, who they had been missing as she was still spending almost every waking moment at the hospital with my grandfather.

On Monday Jason demonstrated being a goof in the cart out while shopping. He insisted he was sleeping. You would think he's actually sleep after the ridiculous hours he had been waking (4am two days in a row)!

Meanwhile at school Tyler was very excited to get to take the bus over to Neeta for an assembly. Two bus trips in the last two days of school...unheard of!

We finally got our sleep apnea results for Jason. Good news (great actually) is that there is no evidence of sleep apnea. Bad news is that there is seemingly no explanation for his crappy sleep.

Jason and I spent another morning visiting my grandfather in the hospital. Jason does like the view.

After school we head to the library for "snack attack" for Tyler.

That afternoon Ty and Jason spent some time playing school before he had to take off for karate.

Wednesday I had a GI follow-up and got my meds switched again due to my lack of progress. Not thrilling at all for me as I feel like I'm constantly making a step in the WRONG direction!

On Thursday Jason had his first real PT session. He got fitted for custom orthotics as well, to correct his balance and the way he turns his ankles in. Sad to see it come to that but hopeful that it will help.

After school Jason's teacher informed me that he could count to 14. I had never heard him count past 3 as he did this obsessive thing where he only counted in 3's. Upon some experimentation I discovered that he will count past 3 if you give him actual objects to touch. So, the teacher was right. So proud of my little man!

We spent some time after school doing some door-to-door popcorn sales.

Then it was off to karate AGAIN!

On Friday while Tyler was at school Jason and I got some outdoor time.

He practiced his bike riding skills. He was sort of on a hill, so this makes him seem a little more skilled than he actually is. LOL.

Then he showed off those counting skills. Way to go Jason!

And I discovered that I can trick him into eating healthy foods if I pretend that I'm counting them and encourage him NOT to steal my food while I'm counting. Works like a charm.

On Saturday Jeanne and I brought the kids to Great Adventure to take advantage of a last visit to Fright Fest and so Jeanne could activate their season passes. The boys had a great time learning about and observing the birds. We also saw a dolphin show, went on quite a few rides, and saw a magic show before heading out for a quick stop at the outlets on our way home.







No comments: