Friday, December 30, 2011

November 20-26 (Thanksgiving week)

On Sunday we all worked together on a Welcome Home sign for my mom, who was finally due to be discharged from a less-than-pleasant stay in rehab. I know the boys were looking forward to having her home too!

That afternoon Tyler had a scout pack meeting. The boys all worked on folding flags that will be going in small packages overseas to our troops. After other business they boys received some awards, including those for popcorn sales. Thanks to all of our generous friends, family, and strangers, Tyler sold the 3rd in his pack. He also earned some sort of missile launcher, a special patch, and a gift card to amazon. And he also earned the right to throw a pie in his den leaders face.


And of course he volunteered to bring home some flags to fold. Of course. Cause we've got all the time in the world. All for a good cause though.

Monday was story time at the library, Thanksgiving themed as you can see!


My mom finally came home! It was good to see her and they boys were quite happy! Still thought it was a good idea to get Tyler off to karate and give her a little quiet in the house.

That night I did a late night shopping trip to Shoprite, hoping to avoid the thanksgiving crowds. Fairly successful. Of course ended up back later in the week for the rest of our stuff and our free turkey.

After having tried for a long time, I finally had succeeded in getting Jason signed up for a Tumbling Tots class at the library. Boy am I glad I did. He absolutely loved it and I honestly teared up watching how much fun he had and how well he was doing. He has come a long way!



That afternoon, while the boys were at school, I had a dentist appointment to pick up my mouth guard. Hopefully no more teeth grinding! After school Ty had a make-up speed stacking club and karate. Busy little boy!

Jason expressed his Indian heritage before driving my mom to PT that morning.


After an early dismissal from school, the boys and I head over to the mall to try to get some things. Bob met us there for dinner, and during a potty break we discovered a "family" bathroom with a mini toilet. Jason was soooo incredibly excited.

After dinner we killed some time at a surprisingly uncrowded Chuck E Cheese, using only tokens that had been sitting in the cup holder of my car. No money spent. Nice! Jason got a little obsessive about trying to play skeeball. I thought that would NEVER end.


On thursday, as usual, the boys watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade, before we later went to Jim & Cara's for a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner. Yummy! Tyler also entertained with his speed stacking skills with his new stacking cups with he earned with his prize money from selling boyscout popcorn.









That night, after the boys were in bed, I went to Bob's and we got brave and hit the early Black Friday shopping at Walmart. Apparently brave means crazy. The store was INSANE! But because I wasn't looking to purchase any electronics deals, I managed to check out with my toy-related items all before midnight. Insane, but not too bad. Next year I think I'll just stick with my handy Amazon.com.

On Friday I had signed up Tyler for a Black Friday Boot Camp at his karate studio. he had been wanting to do it because they were doing dodgeball and a pizza party and such. I was more than willing to have Tyler be busy for the day!

Jason made his daddy a Happy Birthday video.

And then Jason and I continued to succesffuly avoid all Black Friday shopping with some outdoor time, including a trip to the playground.



I picked up Tyler from his day at karate, to find him grinning ear to ear. Not only had they had a blast with dodgeball and a pizza party, but he had succesfully broken his first board!!

Having been gone all day, we hadn't noticed that Buddy the Elf, our very own Elf on a Shelf, had arrived from the north pole. Tyler was sooooo excited to find him, and Jason was a little confused. The boys got right to work reading the accompanying book.


Feeling in the spirit, we got started on our Christmas crafting.

Saturday started off with an early day trip to the library, followed by the playground. It was a surpringly warm day.



Back at home they got a chance to watch the Elf on a Shelf movie, which quickly skyrocketed into Jason's alltime movie selections. LOL.

We kicked off our holiday requirements early with some gingerbread house decorating at Bob's house. The boys had a blast making and decorating minature houses. We made some dinner and then snacked on smores and that old popcorn that pops up over the flame (don't remember what it's called).







No comments: