Sunday, November 7, 2010

November, already?

Tyler had school on Monday, followed by his building club after school. Jason and I and Bella walked up to get him afterwards and he looked miserable. Got him home and sure enough, Tyler had a fever. He was complaining of a sore throat and a tummy ache. So, again, instead of the gym for us we were home with sickie. Poor thing.

On Tuesday I would have kept Tyler home due to his fever the prior night but school was actually already closed due to an inservice. Instead we had a low-key morning eating dry cereal in front of the TV and doing some reading.


Jason should have had OT in the morning but I had called to tell his therapist about Tyler and she chose to cancel. In the afternoon Ty watched a movie in his room (a rare treat) while Jason had OT (his therapist had chosen not to cancel)

I felt bad cause a little boy a few houses away, Alex, who is in Tyler's grade, came by to see if Ty could play. He's never had a friend show up to play so I was disappointed that I had to tell him Ty was sick. However by that evening, when he was fever-free for 24+ hours we did hang out at Beth and Erich's for a bit and then Ty had karate. Poor Jason is bored out of his mind with Karate and I ended up driving around the parking lot with a crying Jason after having to drag him out of there literally kicking and screaming because he couldn't be quiet and wanted to participate.

Wednesday Tyler had school and was healthy enough to go back, thankfully. After school Alex came by again (yeah for Tyler) and they had a little playdate. I was thrilled to see Tyler play really nicely, especially with another boy. Again my plans to go to the gym and kids fit were cancelled because I didn't want to give up on Tyler's playdate opportunity. Instead Alex stayed for dinner and they made plans to have playdates each day of the upcoming long weekend. How cute.

Thursday was the start of our long 4-day weekend, thanks to NJ teacher's convention (where my mom was attending in Atlantic City). Alex was over by 10:00am and the boys played all morning, ate lunch, and played most of the afternoon (including waking Jason up from his nap). Eventually we had to send him home so we could pick up Hannah for their library program. I had hoped to take them to the playground afterwards but it was pouring rain (as it had been all day) so we just came home and they had a brief amount of time to play before eating pancakes, dropping Hannah back off at home, and getting to Karate.

On Friday we drove on out to Cherry Hill to hit the shoe warehouse. I will never, and I repeat NEVER, bring two boys to a shoe warehouse again. Not fun at all. Never even got to try on a pair of shoes, but did visit many aisles while chasing my 2-year-old. Luckily we had plans to meet up with Sherri and her 4 girls to go to the Garden State Discovery Museum, which is right next door. The kids had a great time and I don't think there was one meltdown or issue despite there being 6 kids between the 2 of us. We even got to see a cute production of Charlotte's Web followed by a picnic lunch. And we were happy to celebrate Hannah's 7th birthday that day!









Eventually I couldn't keep Jason any longer from his nap, so Sherri generously offered to keep Tyler with her while I brought Jason home. Jason of course fell asleep 10 minutes before I got home. I planned on letting him sleep in the car while I quick let the dog out, but he woke up and started cheering "yeah" while clapping the second the car turned off. LOL.

Sherri brought the kids to the Sand Stand after their trip, which Ty was thrilled about. That night was pretty low-key and Alex was back over to play with Tyler.

That night both of my parents were in AC so I had my first night alone with Bella. It did not go well. I'm not sure if she was upset she wasn't in the room with my parents or was bothered by Jason whining and tossing and turning over the monitor, but she was up crying during the night and had accidents in her crate. I was out walking her in the middle of the night and up way too early. Not fun.

No comments: