Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween acitvities, round 3

Early Saturday I got Ty ready for soccer and sent him off with my parents to his last game/tournament at Ultimate Soccer in Berlin. Meanwhile I got Jason in his costume AGAIN to go to the Halloween party at Vaughn Hall. He wasn't sure what to make of it all, but did try a few games, participated in my craft, and of course begged for candy.



We quick drove over to meet my parents to watch the second half of Ty's last soccer game/tournament. He seemed to at least be trying and my parents reported that he actually made contact with the ball twice earlier in the game. Afterwards they had hotdogs and got their trophies. So, as for me and Tyler, we're both thrilled for the end of soccer. He is reporting that he'll never play again. Oh well, at least he stuck it out til the end of the season (well, I pretty much made him).





After soccer we head across the street to Taco Bell for lunch. On the way home I decided to stop at A.C. Moore with the boys to pick up a Halloween craft. I was under the silly assumption that one could still grab a Halloween craft but I was informed that they completely sold out 3 weeks prior. They said I should by my Christmas crafts now. However we lucked out with some nice clearance stuff as well as various Halloween-themed tables around the store. The boys made trick-or-treat bags, decorated cookies, and got little goodie bags. A good trip!


After getting home I had literally about 5 minutes to put Jason down for a nap before heading out to Shawnee for Safe Trick-of-Treating with Tyler. He loved getting the candy and playing all the games. Very cute event.



After a very brief time at home we head on over to Mom and John's for dinner. They were babysitting Carli and Olivia, and I was thrilled to finally get a chance to see Olivia again. What a cutie! Eventually we were joined by Dottie and Mike as well as Bobby (John's son) and his wife. We had a nice dinner and Halloween-themed dessert.



After our meal we all (minus Dottie, Mike, and Olivia) drove over to the Medford Halloween parade. Mom and John had already brought chairs and saved us spots earlier in the day. They have a great place for us to park, so we got easily to our spots. We had about an hour to kill before the parade started, but the boys were easily entertained by the light up gadgets John bought for them, as well as soft pretzels and hot chocolate. Eventually my friend Amy found us and she sat and her two youngest kids came to sit with us. The parade got started and everyone had a ball. The older kids were probably mostly entertained by the throwing of the candy, as expected. Jason, however, thought the whole thing was fascinating. He waved at the people, danced to the music, asked for "mooh" (more), and also ate candy. He had a blast and showed no signs of being tired from being up past his bedtime.





No comments: