Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween acitvities, round 2

Friday morning, after taking Ty to school, I got Jason dressed in his costume again. This time for the very popular Evesham Library Halloween storytime, which includes a craft and trick-or-treating. Kids wear their costumes, which Jason was all in favor of, but then kids are fascinated by other kids costumes. Jason did not like the attention and was very agitated with kids looking at him or, god forbid, touching him. He became so upset that we almost left before it even got started. Luckily we stuck it out because he ended up having a great time once they moved on to the craft of making trick-or-treat bags. And of course he loved parading through the library and then trick-or-treating in the municipal building.






After the library Jason and I jetted over to Chick-fil-A for lunch (surprise, surprise). I must say he got quite a lot of attention eating lunch in his lion costume. He even roared for people. LOL.

We got home and were quickly joined by my grandparents and my brother. We, along with Jason (still in his costume) and my mom, walked up the street a block to set up chairs for the Halloween parade. Calling it a "parade" is really a stretch of the imagination, because in all honesty it probably takes 2.5 minutes for the entire kindergarten, first, and second grades to march by. But it's a beloved tradition, one which Tyler seemed to really enjoy.



After that Ty went back to school for his classroom Halloween party. I was hoping to be there for it, but I was the alternate in case one of the chaperons couldn't make it. Maybe next time. Instead I tried to deal uploading pictures and emptying memory cards while Jason napped.

After school we hung out for a while, quickly ate, and squeezed in some time for a sugar-powered karate class for Tyler. For a rare treat, Jason was fairly quiet and I didn't have to pace outside AT ALL with him. Yeah for some semi-relaxation...whatever that is.

Ended our evening with some popcorn (which Ty thought was really cool cause I decorated the bags with Halloween stickers) and Halloween movies (courtesy of the library).

After the boys were in bed I quickly popped in at Vaughn hall to semi-help with the preschool Halloween party. Not sure how much help I really was, but at least I can feel like I did SOMETHING.

Lastly I spent some time checking in on a friend's house who is travelling. Home for some computer time at the end of a LOOOONNNNGGG day.

No comments: