Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween acitvities, round 1

Tuesday started out so fun. Tyler was still sleeping when I heard the puppy start to bark. Jason was stirring so I decided I'd quick take her out before I grabbed him from the crib. Of course it was in a total downpour, so I took her out getting drenched, screaming child now in crib, and of course learned that she will not pee in the rain. Great times. Luckily the rest of the day was a little smoother. Speech and occupational therapy, and then karate at night.

Wednesday was uneventful. Ty had his first day of his "project infinity" club. He had tried to sign up for a different one which was cancelled, so he ended up in his second choice, the building club. Luckily it is a good group of kids, most of which Ty knows and likes. He had fun.

I did make some baked goods that night. A batch of brownies to bring to Jim's the next night and some rice krispie treats with Halloween sprinkles to help out with the "Fall Festival" the next day (which I didn't end up attending).

Thursday was another gorgeous day. Ran a few errands. Head outside with the puppy and my little boy in his Halloween shirt.



That afternoon the boys donned their Halloween costumes (Jason surprising me by WANTING to wear his adorable costume...courtesy of my friend Maria). We had planned on going to the Shoprite trick-or-treat event again, like we had last year. We arrived and I was shocked to see a huge line, despite us being there early. We happened to be followed in line by a friend of Jeanne's (and her kids) and then were later joined by Jeanne and Beth and all kiddos. Despite the huge crowd it was well-organized and the kids had tons of fun going from station to station within the store. I had worried that Jason would want to stop and eat each item, but he just kept on marching in line and opening his "baaaa" (bag) for his loot. They got lots of great stuff like bags of cheese-its, cupcake packages, etc. Afterwards they went through the cafe and got Horizon organic chocolate milk boxes, apple packages with caramel dip, and a Halloween cupcake. Also on hand were a stilt walker person and a balloon maker (who I conveniently avoided). Since it was so crowded we went outside to eat our cupcakes. Messy (but the taste of icing I got was quite yummy)!









Immediately after our Shoprite event we went over to Jim & Cara's for our annual (well, we did it last year) pumpkin carving event. We ate pizza and yummy desserts and then got to work. Gavin, Katy, and Aidan all worked on their own pumpkins (Aidan with help from Jim and my pop-pop). Cara proved to be an expert helper for pumpkin gut removal. Jason all together refused to touch this inside of his pumpkin. Tyler had originally wanted to do a mickey mouse pumpkin from a template, but the template didn't fit. We shrunk the template and then the features were too small to cut so he decided to make his own design. He surprised me by being completely independent with designing and cutting out his pumpkin. He was quite proud of himself. And I made a lovely black cat via template. No pictures though. For the record, it never even got lit. It's like it never existed. Sad.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love the last picture! Looks like you guys had a great halloween!

Heather said...

Jason and his great-grandfather. One of my favorite pics ever! Thanks!