Friday, September 2, 2011

third week of August

On Monday we had ANOTHER yucky, rain, nasty day. It was spent mostly filled with Wii, puzzles, and other indoor activities.

However that evening my mom brought Tyler on an overnight getaway to Atlantic city. They enjoyed a military parade (before rain stopped them), dinner, and some card games in the room (from what I can remember). Jason and I enjoyed some quality time here.

On Wednesday we finally got a chance to go to the $1 summer movie series at the mall. The movie we saw was Muppets Take Manhattan (a classic)! Both boys really liked it, but I think Jason was ready to leave mid-way through.


I had 2 free passes to go to Great Adventure that I hated to see go to waste, and I also had a pass for $16.99, so Jeanne and I decided to bring all the kids. The weather forecast was very iffy, and quite a few people thought it was a little crazy that we attempted to go, but it wasn't looking any better for Friday and, like I said, they were gonna expire. So, we took our chances. We ended up having pretty decent weather and it was even a little cooler at times due to cloud cover. The boys got to go on many rides, and even a new one for Tyler that I never knew was there (rolling thunder). He LOVED it. We got to see a baby lion...so cute! Zachary really wanted to go on a big roller coaster, so after they had been shut down due to lightening we got lucky with a short line for Nitro when it reopened. Jeanne doesn't do roller coasters, so I got to do Nitro with him...meanwhile she got stuck doing the swings with Jason (they make me want to puke, so it was a decent trade). And then Zachary agreed to join Jason on some kiddie rides while Tyler and Connor rode Skull Mountain obsessively. Anyway, a nice long day!










By Friday Jason wasn't doing very well. Running a very high fever (for him anyway)...103.6, from my recollection. No "symptoms" of being sick, but very lethargic, even falling asleep in my lap (totally unlike him). Not good timing with Tyler's party coming up the next day, but thankfully he woke fever-free and seemed totally fine. Guess he was just fighting off something.


Luckily the Rivershark overnight scout camping event was AGAIN cancelled due to heavy/strong storms.

No comments: