Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August comes to an end...and Sesame Place

On Tuesday, after Jason's OT and ST sessions, Tyler got to open some birthday presents that were dropped off from my aunt and cousin. Very exciting.

I've been slowly making progress up in the garage, sorting through my/boys contents of our home that got shipped here after Al and I separated. Came across a few boxes of toys that I let the boys unpack. It's like Christmas in August!

That evening we went to Chick-fil-A for family kids night (yes, I go there way too often), even home in time for Ty's karate!

On Wednesday we finally got a chance to cash in on our free military passes to Sesame Place. We picked up Melinda and Scarlett (who have season passes) around 9:45 and were parked and in the park pretty early. The older kids got to go on a few water rides, while Jason just splashed around. They at their packed lunches and more water play before we made our way to more (non-water) rides. I even, surprisingly, got BOTH boys up in the huge climbing nets (Jason never ceases to amaze me).Eventually we got some ice cream before a couple more rides and then to see the new parade. Both boys absolutely loved the parade! A great day with gorgeous weather!














Bob called me on the way home from Sesame Place and met up with us at the house to deliver Tyler's birthday present. He gave him a DVD/VCR player to replace the one that we had been using on loan (and no longer have). Quite awesome cause it lets him be able to have "movie night" in his room again with his brother. Currently he doesn't have cable in there so his TV has been unusable.

Bob and I grabbed a bite to eat after the boys were in bed (for the record, we aren't a couple anymore, but are still friends). When I came in at night this little guy (a praying mantis) was on our front door.

No comments: