Monday, October 25, 2010

October 11-16

October 11: I sent Tyler off to his half day at school. I hit the gym and had some playtime. Got good news that Jason's repeat bloodwork came back fine. Apparently the first test was either faulty or his iron levels corrected themselves, but regardless he's not even anemic now. So, no more bloodwork!

After I picked Ty up at school I had planned on taking the boys to Great Adventure for Fright Fest. I have a very busy next few weeks and feared we'd never get there if we didn't go that day. However Ty's behavior was pretty irritating and eventually I sent him to his room. Somehow I still decided to head out to Fright Fest at about 3:00. Not my most brilliant plan, but it worked out. The park was all decorated for Halloween. The boys got to experience the Trick-or-Treat Trail where characters hand out candy. Jason was a little leery, until he realized he was getting something. Then there was no stopping him. Yes, I let him have the candy. Spoiled second child. They had fun on a few rides and got to see a "creepy critters" show as well as a Halloween-themed dolphin and sea lion show. By 7:00 it had gotten fairly dark and the spooky "fright fest" part had started, so we head out. Plus it was a school night for Tyler.
















October 12: After Jason's speech therapy and some errands I left Jason with my mom and head out for my first time serving lunch at Ty's school. After school Jason had occupation therapy and then later that evening Tyler had karate.

October 13: For the first time EVER, Jason did not cry at the gym. Amazing. Maybe I'll eventually be able to exercise without guilt. Afterwards we hit up the lake for a little playtime followed by leaf rubbings.

After Ty's soccer practice we did normal bedtime routine but Jason was so cute with his new animal noises that I had to take some video.




October 14: Apparently I did nothing memorable. Took Ty to school, blah, blah, blah, karate, blah, blah, blah.

October 15: Jason had storytime at the library. He did a pretty good job being quiet and even attempting the hand motions to songs and such. Just some minor glitches like the times he spent with his head on the floor and his butt in the air. LOL.

That night Jeanne took Ty to Gavin's party at the Funplex, which I believe was his first time driving outside of town with anyone but family. He had a great time and the party went much later than I expected. Meanwhile I put Jason to bed and my brother Jim came and stayed with him while I went next door (with Beth) to the Junior Women's Wine & Cheese event. Didn't stay long, but it was nice to get out.

October 16: Saturday started off as all Saturday's do, with soccer. Again. I believe he even touched the ball. How exciting.


Just over an hour later we were over at Neeta for soccer pictures. Shocked that they went smoothly and we were able to get on the road quickly.

After pictures we grabbed something quick to eat in the car and head to Melinda's house to drive to Sesame together. The park was all decorated for the holidays, complete with a scavenger hunt trick-or-treating theme. The kids though this was very fun, and I was way more impressed with the loot here than I was at Great Adventure. We did some rides, saw the parade, ate our picnic lunch, and even saw the Halloween-themed Elmo's World show (which the boys loved). sesame




















No comments: