Monday, January 11, 2010

last few days of 2009

On the day after Christmas Jason woke up with a HUGE welt and raised hot reaction on his leg, in fact it went from his knee to his hip. Thankfully the Benedryl was fast-acting or else I had presumed we might have ended up in the ER. Scary stuff. Al stopped by shortly to stay goodbye to the kids before heading back to NC. Luckily we had a birthday party to attend around lunchtime (a rescheduled one from our big snow storm a short while ago). Tyler had a ball at Vivienne's birthday party at Pump it Up. Only a few people there, but he was able to have tons of room and no crowds. Jason had fun as well, even sharing a snack with Olivia.
Jason was quite tired out from the party and then the Benadryl really did him in. He was so tired I was actually able to walk in to check on him without him waking (totally rare).

Tyler spent a night in Atlantic City with my parents, eating at the buffet and playing board games. Meanwhile I got a little break and some quality time with the littlest man in my life. Jason cracked me up with his newest thing...toddling over to my ipod dock and signing "more" so that I could play more music for him while holding him to dance. Too cute!

We had a little playdate at Chick-fil-A with Mackenzie and her family.

On the 30th Jason had his 15 month doctor's appointment. He weighed 23lbs 15.5oz (probably what Ty weighed at 7 months! LOL) and was 30.5 inches. He got 4 vaccines (including his 2nd H1N1) and was quite a trooper. I did question his verbal skills, and although the pediatrician wasn't too concerned she did give me the information for Early Intervention. After picking up Tyler at his friend Mackenzie's I made a phone call, and within a few hours, Jason's evaluation was scheduled for after the new year on Monday. Talk about efficient.

Later that afternoon Jason tried to use his new crayons. Not too interested!

No comments: