Friday, January 15, 2010

ice skating

On Sunday, after seeing countless children (and parents) ice skating, I finally felt confident that it was safe enough to bring Tyler out on the ice. He didn't have skates, but I figured he'd have fun sliding around on the ice. I was right, he had a ball, but he was a bit jealous of the kids on skates playing hockey. It was a fun experience though.









The next day my brother did some searching and found his girlfriend's son's outgrown skates and came over to lend them to Tyler. After school, while my mom stayed home with a napping Jason, Tyler and I set off to do some skating. Tyler did better than I expected...meaning he didn't fall once and then announce that he's never skating again. He kept getting up and trying again, and eventually sorta got the hang of it. While we were there some high school boys came by to play hockey after school. They were really cute about encouraging Tyler on the skates. And, as always, hot chocolate was served after the event!








No comments: