Wednesday, November 16, 2011

last week before big changes

Jason had his final occupation therapy session through early intervention (as soon as he turns three they leave early intervention and get their services, if needed, through the school system). Jason loves Miss Megan, but since she lives local I know we'll see her around!

That evening, after karate, I left the boys with my parents while I attended "back to school night" at the boys school. I got to see both of their classrooms and learn more about their day. There wasn't much to see when it came to Jason's class, since he hasn't even started yet, but I got to see some of Tyler's work.


Jason had his very last speech session through early intervention. It was very bittersweet for me because he's been getting weekly speech with Miss Cathy since he was 16 months old. She will be missed!

That afternoon, after school pick-up, Tyler had his 7-year-old "well child" doctor's appointment. All is well with him!

Afterwards I bribed Jason to get a haircut and both boys benefited by getting donuts as a prize (yes, I'll admit it, that sometimes a bribe is just worth it)!

First homework of second grade for Tyler!

Jason had his first of two practice runs at preschool on Wednesday. They arranged for me to bring him in for 1/2 hour, just to try to get him acclimated before starting the next week. He did fairly well and seemed to enjoy himself. Finding it hard to believe that he'll be a preschooler soon!




Tyler finally got to have his friend Vivie over for a playdate. He's been asking to do this for a loooong time.

Jason said something I'll never forget: "I'm not a cheese-it. I have a head!" (after I told him he was eating so many cheese-it's that he was turning into one). Love a 2-year-old's logic. I should clarify, it sounded more like "I nah a tee-eh. I ave a ead". But I knew what he meant.

Thursday was uneventful. Grocery shopping, school, karate, blah, blah, blah.

Friday morning Jason helped me get goody bags ready for his big birthday party the next day!

He also got to go back into preschool for another 1/2 hour. Meanwhile Tyler was enjoying his "summer reading party" at school that he earned from reading a certain amount (I believe it had to be at least 10 hours, which he did easily).

No comments: