Friday, November 18, 2011

Cub Scout camping, fall

Friday evening, although I was feeling horrible, I set off for Tyler's scout camping trip at Pinetree. It was raining lightly, and fairly cold, and not ideal at all for camping. I did manage to get everything set up though.


Knowing I had been pretty sick, my dad had offered to bring Tyler camping, but I had said no because I felt like I should be there. But ultimately I set up the tent, listened to Jason cry and whine about the rain and darkness and everything he thought was thunder...and called my dad to come take over. So my poor dad got to do the campfire (complete with scout songs I'm sure) and bedtime in a wet leaking tent.

The next morning Jason and I went and relieved my dad as soon as Jason woke up. Tyler got to raise the flag during the flag ceremony. They boys had a great time with various activities: hiking, rope tying, rainwater regatta, lunch, trail mix making, and dodgeball, amongst other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting.






That evening we had a nice get-together at Jim & Cara's.

1 comment:

jamielblev said...

I don't know about you, but for me, girl scouts have worn me out! It seems every time I turn around we have another activity/function/meeting to go to.