Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jason's birthday party

Saturday was Jason's big 3-year-old birthday party. I had been really on the fence about a party, because frankly, lots of times Jason doesn't really like being around other people, especially kids. So to do a big birthday party seemed like it was more for ME than it would be for HIM. So very last minute I ended up reserving the pavilion at Fort Medford Playground at Bob Meyer Park and only invited family and a couple close friends (mostly friends of Tyler's who Jason has become comfortable with). The park is perfect because he's much more comfortable when he's not contained, and plus he loves that playground! He had picked a Dora theme, which I sort of modified to a Dora/Diego theme since everything Dora is basically pink. Not that I'm against pink, but I drew the line at having him wear the Dora shirt that said "Birthday Girl" and opted for the Diego one that said "Birthday Boy". LOL.

Weather was iffy, and we had a backup plan of having it at Jim and Cara's new place, but luckily it cooperated enough to allow us to hold it at the park.

We enjoyed pizza, pretzel bites, soda, chips, fruit and veggie trays, etc while the kids played and played. And some of them did a little craft too.






A game of Pin the Tail on Swiper (like pin the tail on the donkey). A hit with the kids!



Cake time! Don't you just love the Dora and Diego cake he picked? Of course now all I see whenever I look at it, is two gigantic breasts...thanks Jim for putting that thought in my head...I would have been perfectly content with the idea that they were the volcanoes they were meant to be!






Pinata time!







Jason got a chance to open presents before saying goodbye and packing up.



A successful birthday party!

That evening I had to sneak in an just watch my baby boy sleep, for the last time as a 2-year-old.

2 comments:

jamielblev said...

OMG THE CAKE!!! hahahahahahaha

Heather said...

I know, isn't that hysterical?!