Tuesday, July 12, 2011

first week of June

Not a good picture of me, but such a cute one of Jason. He has the best smile!

Smoothies! Great use of all those strawberries we picked. Yummy!

On Thursday Jason had his school speech evaluation. He was very cooperative. She said that he actually has an above-average receptive language (which is great news) but his expressive language is way behind that...so essentially he understands language but can't express himself as well. She seemed to imply that he would qualify for school-based speech services, but of course we'll have to wait for the official meeting to get that information.

Just another night at the beach!

On Friday morning I was the lucky reader for the storytime that the Junior Woman's Auxiliary hosts. I did a summer beach theme with all beach books, a snack, and a coloring/sticker craft.

I am shocked that Jason is still sleeping with his lights on (ever since the brain MRI). Because I now also leave his door open I can now occasionally sneak a peek at him without him waking. Isn't he the cutest?

I finally made some strawberry freezer jam with those strawberries we picked over the weekend! Froze the rest for smoothies and such during the colder months.

On Friday night the boys had their last tiger scout den meeting. They got to play games and roast marshmallows, and Tyler finally tried the little zipline!


Saturday Tyler had his baseball closing ceremony and party at Beach 3. The boys had fun playing in the water, with their friends, and of course eating!



That evening we got a chance to check up on our garden at my grandparents house. Nothing overly exciting, but definitely some growth.

On Sunday morning Tyler had his karate belt ceremony. It was much more enjoyable for me this time because my mom watched Jason (who was a handful to entertain the last 2 times) while Bob and I went. Tyler is now an orange belt. Go Ty!







After the karate ceremony Bob and I surprised the boys with a trip to Great Adventure. They had a great time on all the rides and at the new "Birds of Prey" show and the dolphin show. And the baby bear cubs are getting bigger, but still so cute!









No comments: