Thursday, October 15, 2009

weekly recap (Oct 5-9)

Monday: The week started off on very little sleep. What else is new? I also woke up with a clogged milk duct. Woohoo, that was not fun at all. The rest of the day was relatively uneventful I suppose. No iPhone or camera photos, which means we didn't do anything great. LOL.

Tuesday: It was a normal Tuesday for us...school, lunch, followed by rest time, some play time, and then a trip to Chick Fil A for family kids night. I was really ready for the day to come to an end, but as we passed the fire station Tyler noticed commotion and read the sign and realized it was the open house. I had been hoping to avoid that, because it was late at night for him, but that kid doesn't miss a beat and I never would have heard the end of it if we didn't go. I put Jason to bed and left him with my parents while Ty and I had a "special date". It turned out to be a nice night, with good weather, and plenty of Tyler's classmates were there. He was a happy boy, adn I think learned a little bit about fire safety.




Wednesday: After school Tyler had a library program. I should have realized I was in for trouble when I had to park about 2 blocks away from the library due to lack of parking. Ugh. We finally got in and of course Jason wants NOTHING to do with reading a book or playing with the little toys they had. In fact he only wanted to bang on the fish tank. Not stare at the fish tank, but bang on it while screeching. When I was mean mommy and put and end to that he began screaming, loudly. The librarian initially had asked for parental help for the craft portion of Tyler's storytime, but at sight of Jason's tantrum I was politely told that I was not needed. I spent the rest of storytime watching Jason crawl around in the park across the street. We finally rejoined them when he was a little calmer. Tyler had a great little firetruck food craft. Jason screamed, yet again, and was given a graham cracker. Little stinker ate the whole thing! I suffered the reprocusion of Tyler and that darn red food dye for the rest of the day though. I seriously hate that crap and what it does to him.


Thursday: After school I announced to Tyler that we'd be making a trip to the mall to get Jason's 1 year old pictures taken. Tyler normally hates pictures, but because this was about Jason he decided he LOVES pictures. In fact, he begged me to take a picture of him right then. Stinker.


The trip to the mall was relatively uneventful. Got our pictures, a few things at sears, and of course Aunt Annie's pretzels. Yummy. Anyway, here is a preview of the pictures, including one of the boys together. Apparently Tyler won the battle and did manage to get in a few pictures, despite his desperate need for a hair cut. Ugh. It is what it is. LOL.





When we returned from the mall Tyler was sooooo excited to finally be able to pick the runner beans. I LOVED the look on his face when he discovered that a PINK bean was enclosed in the pod. Priceless!


Friday: After school Tyler and I walked home with him schoolmate, as usual. On the way there was huge drama over a plastic pirate coin they found on the ground. Yes, you read that right. Aaaah, the life of a kindergartener is rough. After a long compromising session they opted to take a picture of them together with the coin and then she brought it home for the weekend and Tyler got a real coin. Seriously, I don't make this crap up!

Later that afternoon my brother Chris took Tyler out to play soccer. I just love the picture I got of the two of them.


That night my grandparents and my brother Jim and Cara came to join us to celebrate my grandmother's 79th birthday. Yummy food, but Tyler was in a mood, to put it mildly. He has been really testing my patience, unfortunately. Right now it's a battle that he's winning. The lack of sleep I'm experiencing doesn't help, I'm sure. Anyway, that's a whole other post for another time (that I likely won't write because I'm too sleep deprived to catch up on blogging). Anyway, birthday pictures, which aren't great.


That night Jason shocked us by taking his first step. Well, stepS, to be exact...3 of them! What a big boy. He promptly sat down, looking shocked (likely from our excitement), and began clapping for himself! Too cute!

1 comment:

Homemade Happenings said...

I have been totally out of the blogging world for the past two months..I'm slowly catching up on everyone..i can't believe Jason took his first steps! That is so awesome! You go little man!!