Saturday, October 10, 2009

busy October weekend

October is a busy time of year. No lie, we have something on our calendar every weekend day in the month of October. The first weekend in October was no exception. Packed with activity!

Saturday morning started off with some garage sales. I've been really disappointed with the garage sales this season, but I did manage to find a wrapped Scrabble Junior game for Tyler, which I'm secretely putting away for Christmas and pretending it was purchased brand new. $1 well spent! Oh, and remember those soccer cleats that I desperately tried to find in size 11 for Tyler without success. Well, they were a garage sale find for $2. Go figure.

Soccer was fun. They were VERY low in attendance, I'm assuming due to iffy weather, so they combined with other teams for some mock games. Tyler is getting better at keeping up with the pack and trying to go in for the ball. Still not totally his thing, but he's trying and I'm proud of him. Towards the end they put him in goal where he managed to save all 4 attempts on goal. He laughed when they called him "the wall". He also got to cheer on his team from the sidelines as well, which was nice because he got to sit and chat with a girl. He likes that. I take that back though, as he did not cheer on HIS team, but instead the opposing team because Mackenzie is on that team. LOL.




That afternoon we got to go visit Uncle Chris. The traffic up route 70 is CRAZY!

Sunday afternoon we were supposed to go to the Pumpkin Festival, but due to some scheduling conflicts with my parents we deciced not to go. I think it was a good decision though because we ended up at Indian Acres farm instead. The boys had a wonderful time eating, playing on the playground, running through the hay/corn maze, going on the barrel train ride, and feeding the goats. We'll definitely try to go back again later in the season!











Mr. Tyler had a bit of a rough day and our trip ended on a bad note. In fact he spent the beginning of Chase's 2nd birthday party in time out as a punishment. He regrouped though and was albe to enjoy himself.



Later that evening my friend Miranda, who was in town for the weekend, got to take a trip down memory lane and do one of our late night walks. We caught up about lots of stuff, including her show. If you haven't tuned in yet, make sure you catch My Antonio at 10:00 on VH1. It's a bachelor type reality show starring Antonio Sabato Jr and Miranda is now one of the final 4 girls. Anyway, we walked for an hour and then watched her show. It was nice to catch up with an old friend!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Your boys are so darn cute!! Love the pics of them!

I wanted to let you know that I've given you the "Over the Top" award on Blogger. Check out my blog...