Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December begins

December 1st, Tyler's first parent-teacher conference. All went fairly as expected. Pre and post tests showed zero improvement in academics, because he aced all the stuff the first time around. He's social, with the girls. He is very smiley. But he can get angry, and fast, during playtime. Nothing surprising. I did make an appointment with the school counselor to see if there is anything I can do to lessen the impact of the seperation issue, as well as to try to curb some of this anger that Ty is dealing with. As for now though, school is going well and he's exceeding, so for that I am very proud of him.

That afternoon we dragged our cold little butts over to Egg Harbor to attend the half-price day at Storybook land. I had been debating about going for a while, so when I heard about the half-price day I marked it on my calendar. I convinced my friend Melinda (and her mother) to come along with her daughter Scarlett so we could see them and Tyler could have a ride partner. We arrived and the parking lot was jammed. I was a little worried, but inside things didn't get too congested.

For those that don't know, Storybook land is a bit of an amusement park for young children, but it is all based on classic stories (such as little red riding hood, snow white, humpty dumpty, etc). Lots of story displays, and plenty of rides. But this time of year Santa arrives promptly at 5:00 and lights up the whole park with Christmas lights galore. Tyler was in awe and Jason was pretty fascinated as well!

We watched Santa's arrival, ate, saw some displays, and rode a ferris wheel while we waited for our friends. Once Scarlett arrived Ty wanted nothing to do with me. He was too busy playing with Scarlett of course. They had a ball, and despite freezing our tushies off, we had a very nice evening.

















No comments: