Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve

We tried to sleep in a bit. Well, Jason woke up as usual, but then fall asleep back in my arms in the living room until Tyler woke up. Either way, I enjoyed not serving breakfast before 8!

Around lunchtime we head over to exchange gifts with Tyler's friend Mackenzie. The two had a gift exchange (after all, they do intend to marry...originally Mackenzie's idea, which Ty is warming up to) and then the little siblings had a gift exchange. Somehow I managed to not get a picture of Tyler and Mackenzie???? Beth and I were likely distracted talking about something very important, like Jason's inability to drink from a cup or Olivia's lack of teeth. LOL.

That afternoon we went to my brother Jim and Cara's place. Cara's 3 kids were there (plus a friend), Cara's sister, myself and the boys, my parents, and my grandparents. We were also joined by Cara and Jim's friend Stanley, who was quite a character, but totally fascinating (more on that later). We also had company for a while from Cara's children's father and their friends Vic and Christina, who happen to be my parents neighbors! Anyway, it was not OUR typcical Christmas Eve, but we were introduced to Cara's family traditions of the seven fishes (I know i'm probably reporting this incorrectly, but at 11:42 I'm not about to look it up). It was a ton of food and a lot of celebrating. Another long night on my feet following around a curious baby in a non-baby-proofed home. A highlight for me was listening to Stanley, who happens to read palms. I'd guess you'd say I was a little skeptical, but he was totally amazing and it definitely brought a new element to our typical Christmas Eve festivities!Al ended up joining us as well, and Tyler was so excited to see him.



That night we weren't probably home until 9:30 or 10:00. Al read Ty some books and then when he left we did the traditional reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas and milk and cookies out for Santa. Then it was off to bed because "Santa Claus is coming to town"!!

No comments: