Tuesday, January 25, 2011

let it snow

December 26: The day after Christmas was just a continuation of the holiday season. We were over at my mother-in-law's bright and early for a gift exchange with the cousins. Al and Michelle, as well as Dottie, Mike, Carli and Olivia were all there. Tyler and Carli cracked me up with their DS play. I actually heard the phrase "want to go in the bedroom and text?" uttered. Who knew you could text via DS, or more importantly, that my 6 year old knew how to do so! Jason had a ball (literally) with the ball pit from Mom and John. And Olivia is just too cute for words! Unfortunately our visit was cut short by the arrival of the snow.


Meanwhile my parents decided to retreat to AC for two days with comp rooms. Leaving me alone for 2 days with 2 kids, a puppy who won't pee outside, during a state of emergency with lots of snow. Not all bad though. I didn't mind one bit.

Anyway, after our brief gathering, Jason and I head home so he could nap and Al and Michelle brought Ty home shortly thereafter as a state of emergency was issued, banning all unnecessary travel. The rest of the day was spent playing with Christmas toys while the snow continued to fall.

December 27: This was Al's last day in New Jersey, so he eventually came over to spend some time with the boys. He brought Riviera pizza so the boys enjoyed that. They had some playtime inside while I shovelled outside, until my brother came over to rescue me with a snow blower. While Jason later napped Al and Michelle took Ty sledding for a bit before everyone said their goodbyes until next time. Ty was quite sad.

Our house in the snow.

December 28: I got to spend some time with the boys out in the snow (the first time for Jason this season). I wasn't sure how he'd do, and he was definitely leery, but he was able to enjoy himself a little. He even tried to sled down the tiny little hill in our yard with Ty. Ty enjoyed it all, but Jason most enjoyed sucking on icicles. Go figure.










No comments: